GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 1100 fueling observations.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

GRiSO 1100 fueling observations. Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 1100 fueling observations.   GRiSO 1100 fueling observations. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 am

I have been recently undertaking some data logging on my 1100 GRiSO and thought I would share what I have discovered so far.

First of all a bit of background. I started using Guzzidiag/Tunerpro back in 2010 on my then Breva 1200 2v. After six months of data logging with a afr meter and wide band lambda sensor came up with a map that was pretty good for my personal use.
After 22,000 miles I exchanged the Breva 1200 for a 1200 2v Sport which I again used the Breva map on with no modifications.
Fast forward to June 2017  I bought a GRiSO 1100 which I  applied some of the map edits from the Breva to, switched off the lambda sensor, pulled the snorkel  and  without data logging left it at that until recently when I got round to hooking up the data logger.

Conditions weren’t ideal at 8C and 1022mb at 300ft above sea level but I ploughed on. First thing I noticed was the Breva edits made the GRiSO run too rich so went back  basically to the factory map which put the AFR into the 13.5-14.5:1 range I was looking for.  The fueling was still too rich for some reason at the 1200-2000rpm range so  I edited that  to 13.5:1 afr.

Next I tried removing the db killer from the Termi silencer, this actually made the bike run slightly weaker giving a harsher feel to the power delivery. so the thing went straight back in again.

Given the conditions it was good start and the fuel consumption improved. I am now waiting for temperatures to rise and will see how things go from there.

No doubt a Beetle map would make the bike better but I thought I would check out the basics first to see how the engine behaved with simple changes.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 fueling observations.   GRiSO 1100 fueling observations. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am

Interesting stuff....you said you are tracking AFR using "a AFR meter" and a wide-band AFR (and the OEM lambda - or are you sticking one of the above in that place?) ?? How are you measuring/deciding it's too rich in certain rpm ranges if the AFR is in the spot?
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 fueling observations.   GRiSO 1100 fueling observations. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:50 am

I am using a wide band  lambda sensor that replaces the oem sensor, which can't measure anything other than a narrow range either side of stoich (14.7:1 afr).
The wide band sensor is connected to a digital meter that converts the sensor voltage into a afr reading. The lambda sensor input into the ecu also needs switching off using Guzzidiag/Tunerpro.
In turn the digital meter can be connected to a logger that stores the data for graph analysis.

A more sophisticated logger also measures rpm and throttle position so specific areas of the map tables can be targeted for change. Without a dyno the best policy is too make small changes and ride the bike to assess the changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 fueling observations.   GRiSO 1100 fueling observations. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 1100 fueling observations.
Page 1 of 1