GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What is wrong wth this photo?

Go down 
+3
beetle
Grisonut
ecs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

What is wrong wth this photo? Empty
PostSubject: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Key off,  shows half full.  Key on,  shows infinity fuel.

2014 Norge, purchased new in late 2016. Rode last weekend fine, yesterday battery was stone dead, tested as failed. New battery and gauge is kaput. Any way to reset it?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:31 am

It's Italian!!!

My previous GRiSO (09) was stuck on 5mph indicated speed no matter what I did...
Stopped for lunch, cranked back up and the dash was back to normal.
Dash black out on my 07 once...went back to normal after turn off and back on.
In both cases, it only happened once.

I wouldn't worry too much if I was you. Weird things happen when batteries go flat.
Disconnect your battery for 30 seconds and connect it back on...that should cure it.
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 am

I think you are right - is battery related and hopefully transient. I removed fuses and cycled several times. Gave me a dash error 1,2 and 7 and thought for a while, cycled again and now it shows empty when off and full when on. Is progress at least as it is not a full tank.

Just don't want to take it to the dealer, they kept it for months last year before replacing the warped fuel tank and the Florida riding season is too short!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:24 am

Leave the battery disconnected overnight. This will discharge the capacitors in the dash, and hopefully reset it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:32 am

As an addendum to that while the battery is disconnected leave the key in the 'On' position.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:42 am

Or, don't disconnect the battery and you'll never run out of fuel Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 am

The needle is on stepper motor. And with key on= full, because you just topped it of:-).
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks for the solution gents. Will leave it disconnected tonight with the key on.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Yeah, forget about the key. Thanks Pete & Paul. Embarassed

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Turn on and off the key a few times, see of the position changes.
That's how I fixed mine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong wth this photo?   What is wrong wth this photo? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What is wrong wth this photo?
Page 1 of 1