GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Braking (& clutch) news

Go down 
+3
beetle
sidrat
paulbrice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Braking (& clutch) news Empty
PostSubject: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:44 am

These just landed on my doorstep Wink . Will fit them & share the experience once I get some proper reservoirs & the 10mm mirror clamps- ordered two identical capacity black Rizoma plus black supports as IMHO the OEM ones that came with cheap deal on pair of MCs look like Laurel & Hardy.  Already owe a big thanks to Mark & Phang for the guidance in previous thread.....any further sagely wisdom before I start always welcome !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 pm

oooh shiny stuff Paul!!

I wait to see if all they do is slow you down.......
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 am

Starting to fit these starting with the brake (RCS19). The new brake switch for this comes with two bullet connectors at the end of a brown & a grey wire to connect it inside the dash and the wires are moulded into the switch. The old switch has spade connectors at the switch end.....

...so I took apart dash hoping to find connectors but the old switch Green-yellow & green wires run continuously down into the wiring loom.

Just checking how anyone else dealt with this - I'm thinking just splice the new wires somewhere in the dash & that it doesn't matter which way around ??
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 am

Just ran the experiment & switch is agnostic to polarity of the wires .....I'll solder it in the dash area rather than go buying bullets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 pm

It's been that long I can't remember how I did mine. Soldering is my default setting. Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:38 pm

They look really sharp.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:06 am

Despite some other threads here & elsewhere (plus the guzzitech store !) suggest you can fit these MCs with the HEL adapter & keep original brake lines in place.....I've got stock bars and brakelights but it doesn't work for me Crying or Very sad . There just isn't enough (any actually) in the brake lines to move the extra inch to the end of the adapter.....now launches more decisions around brakeline fittings (keep or ditch the HEL adapter), colour etc.....and I haven't even checked the clutch line yet (gulp)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:39 am

Paul, where did you get your throttle cable rubbers? they look new and mine have corroded and dissapeared
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:40 am

i have just realised i have used the word rubbers in a post to PaulBrice, brace yourselves!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 am

They are original ones from 2009 Very Happy ; just haven't perished for some reason !
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 am

Now struggling to find custom brakelines - probably go goodridge buildaline despite too many connections IMHO
Back to top Go down
thekenheld
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
thekenheld

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 am

Why struggling?
(Got mine from this shop)
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:14 am

Thanks; didn't see pro-brake so went HEL ......I've ordered but struggling was stuff like: two separate lines co-joined with long banjo bolt at MC (RCS brake only comes with long bolt so sort of std approach) vz keeping T behind headlamp & single line to MC; using the HEL adapter at MC or chucking it and changing banjo shape & position; how much extra line is really needed; whether the (big looking) three way junctions will actually fit behind the headlamp; whether to go female or male or mixed T junction; fixed or swivel; different junction options; colours; other finish options....

Good thing is the clutch line reaches OK with HEL adapter so I don't have to take off rear wheel & shock (a-fckn-gain) to remove that banjo. Also good because limits colours back to original & HEL adapter & single line to match both sides... I'm fitting clutch pressure switch to see if that works to replace micro-switch.
Back to top Go down
thekenheld
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
thekenheld

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 am

I see. To be honest I just replaced the stock lines, keeping the standard cylinders -and put way less thought into that. Except for the color...
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:32 am

So did you use three way connector with Male-female joints or did they custom make a (smaller) three way junction ?. I'm waiting for the bits to see how it fits with joints Question
Back to top Go down
thekenheld
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
thekenheld

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:03 am

Can't find good pictures anymore, but they made me a custom (pressure-grouted) three way junction, that's basically the same size as the original.

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 am

That looks neat; I'll post some pics of the monster joint I get on Friday
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:34 am

Brake lines arrived this morning so loose fitted it all ready for putting fluid in later. HEL lines are quite a bit thicker than original ones so I had to file the brake line clamp out to fit. The T fits fine & I left the bolt on bracket rather than grind it off the T.  Pictures here so far incl brake MC before I started (h/l & screen still off) - I'll be writing it up so can post anybody the full details in a week or so.

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:03 am

All done, fluids in and bled plus screen & h/l on - all fits easily.  Did this to replace heavy clutch aching my left hand (hurt it hitting a car fast on bicycle) and the clutch is much lighter and easier now !.  Tried to minimise reservoir and brackets looking too 'aftermarket' & would prefer them to sit lower but only way for that is long pipes &/or moving them behind the bars (or too expensive integrated reservoirs on-line). With the RCS MCs, reservoirs, clutch pressure switch, brackets & the brake lines cost GBP £750 all in...
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:09 am

Looks great Paul. Big improvement that is on my short list too. I can't understand why the OEMs insist on using these reservoirs that begin to leak and corrode the minute the bikes leave the showroom. scratch
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 am

I have a set of the Brembo's in a box ready to install. I am now feeling awfully intimidated by this job and might take it to a shop to get it done.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braking (& clutch) news   Braking (& clutch) news Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Braking (& clutch) news
Page 1 of 1