GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Source for new 8V spark plug leads.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Source for new 8V spark plug leads. Empty
PostSubject: Source for new 8V spark plug leads.   Source for new 8V spark plug leads. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:10 am

Not wanting to bash anybody, but when the mechanic at MI thought my running problem with my 8V Norge was the spark plug boots, he did the upgrade (snipping off head and adding new screw on caps) Well..... the leads are super short, and the wires dont screw tight into the cap. They come out with the slightest pull. Unfortunately, they are too short to cut and attempt to rescrew on.

Where is a good source for new leads? I'm fine with making my own, just wondering where I can get them, and what type should I get? Soild core? braided/shielded? or that graphite/silicone type?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Source for new 8V spark plug leads.   Source for new 8V spark plug leads. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 am

Most 'Wottalottacrap Auto' type places carry copper cored lead for a few bucks a metre. Stelvios always have the LH lead too short for the 'Nip and Tuck' replacement with the stock lead. I haven't seen enough Norges to know if the same problem afflicts them but it sounds like it does.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MotoMT
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoMT

PostSubject: Re: Source for new 8V spark plug leads.   Source for new 8V spark plug leads. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Belden solid core from NAPA did the trick for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Source for new 8V spark plug leads.   Source for new 8V spark plug leads. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Source for new 8V spark plug leads.
Page 1 of 1