GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Torn inlet manifold rubber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Torn inlet manifold rubber Empty
PostSubject: Torn inlet manifold rubber   Torn inlet manifold rubber Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:53 am

Just did an inspection of my bike, and found the right inlet manifold rubber to be torn. Evil or Very Mad  I couldn't determine if its completely through, but I suppose its better to replace it anyway. Is it in any way possible to replace these in an easy way that doesn't involve removing the entire throttle body assembly?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also trying to track down something that has irked me for a long while. Occasionally there is this 'tip over' sensation while cornering, especially when going slow, as if the front wheel has some play. Only happens occasionally. Also, when breaking quite strongly to a standstill there is a shake, which has become stronger in intensity since I installed the new sintered EBC brake pads last week. I'm strongly suspecting the steering head bearings, unfortunately I can't test this well as I don't have any way of lifting the front of the bike to check for play. I did the standard tests with the wheel on the ground but couldn't notice anything odd. Anyway just to doublecheck something obvious, I'm assuming there is supposed to be an angle between the steering base and the frame?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Torn inlet manifold rubber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn inlet manifold rubber   Torn inlet manifold rubber Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Getting the TB’s off is no big deal and you can give them a really good clean while they’re off.

You’ll need to get the front end off the dirt to confirm your suspicions about the steering head bearings.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Torn inlet manifold rubber
Page 1 of 1