GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Lost Neutral Light

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Bike is a 2016 GRiSO 8v SE

When starting the bike after yesterday's lunch stop, I noticed that I had no neutral light.  The light comes on during the start up sequence but then goes out (when the bike is in neutral).  No amount of wiggling the shift lever has an effect or makes the light come on.  My searches of the ghetto indicate this has happened before to some of you and may be due to a loose connector to the neutral switch on the transmission.  Can someone point me to the location of the connection/ switch so I can check that connection?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Down in the depths at the back of the gearbox where it attaches to the frame. The right side close to the rear brake master cylinder.

Read this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

tinotavli likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Thank you! I'll bring a flashlight to the shop and have a look tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 pm

FRR, IF! you are lucky you will see it. Really though, you may have to remove some things to actually get to it. I had trouble on my Sport (same spot as the GRiSO) but had to remove a shitload of "stuff" to get it. Guess what, a bad contact. Now sorted - I did it all at a major service where half the shit in the frame had to come out anyway. Take your time, fix it good, go ride!
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Great info. If I can find it and get to it, I'll tighten her up. If not, I'll wait until I have taken enough parts off to make the job easy.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 6:48 pm

I found the switch and was able to get a finger in to wiggle the connection. Voila! I have a neutral light again. I don't expect this to be a permanent fix so sometime when I have enough parts off, I'll take a set of pliers to the connection to tighten it up.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 1:30 am

FrontRangeRider wrote:
I found the switch and was able to get a finger in to wiggle the connection.  Voila!  I have a neutral light again.  I don't expect this to be a permanent fix so sometime when I have enough parts off, I'll take a set of pliers to the connection to tighten it up.

My 2013 did the same thing a month ago on a trip. It got to where I had to hold the clutch in to start the bike. After reading about the neutral switch I did the same as you. Found the switch, moved the wire around and bingo. I haven't had a problem with it again and it has been a few thousand miles

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 2:26 am

Next time you have the airbox out is the time to get stuck in. It’s easy then. Just crush the spade a bit tighter and slip it back on. Usually that’ll fix it.

Pete

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 3:02 am

Wot Pete says, is true.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Neutral Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Neutral Light   Lost Neutral Light Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lost Neutral Light
Page 1 of 1