GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

More Startus Interuptus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

More Startus Interuptus Empty
PostSubject: More Startus Interuptus   More Startus Interuptus Icon_minitime1Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 am

I dived in  and did the startus mod to my 8v GRiSO 1200 today.
New cable and fuse from Bat +ve to start relay yellow input.
Insulated  original cut yellow with a red splice and some heat shrink.
re assembled... and... click.
FKUC.

Much head scratching later , and Ive cleaned up the main earth point above the starter,
removed the starter motor and checked the brushes and  cleaned the commutator.
re assembled ,... and... click..      
fkuc again.

More head scratching and removal of the starter motor (bosch) revealed that the brush holder plate on
uses bent "tangs" to earth out to the chassis.
These were re positioned so that they actually made some meaning full contact, re assembled everything and....

YAY.

It looks like the fault may have been the brush plate in the first place
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: More Startus Interuptus   More Startus Interuptus Icon_minitime1Sat May 26, 2018 12:03 pm

It could also be random luck! Twisted Evil

If it still intermittently does it, you could try replacing the yellow-orange wire from the starter relay to the solenoid with a thicker gauge wire. That, after doing everything else first (including bending the earth tangs inside the starter) finally fixed it for me.
Back to top Go down
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

PostSubject: Re: More Startus Interuptus   More Startus Interuptus Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Motor-Timothy ,you were correct.

I was still getting random clicks , but this time it seemed to be the solenoid on the starter motor.
3 out of 4 attempts resulted in a "click" from the solenoid but no starter operation.

I spliced into the Orange/ Yellow wire and ran a 2.5 mm cable in parallel to the solenoid where I have used a "piggy back" terminal to connect .

Startus interuptus now seems to have been suspended.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: More Startus Interuptus   More Startus Interuptus Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2018 11:54 pm

RIKBRIANT wrote:
Motor-Timothy ,you were correct.

I was still getting random clicks , but this time it seemed to be the solenoid  on the starter motor.
3 out of 4 attempts resulted in a "click" from the solenoid but no starter operation.

I spliced into the Orange/ Yellow wire and ran a 2.5 mm cable in parallel to the solenoid where I have used a "piggy back" terminal to connect .

Startus interuptus now seems to have been suspended.

cheers
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: More Startus Interuptus   More Startus Interuptus Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:01 am

Good job done, i have done mine and i still sometimes get a click (1 in 100 starts) so i may have a look at the starter motor connection, thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Startus Interuptus   More Startus Interuptus Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

More Startus Interuptus
Page 1 of 1