GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Scotland

Go down 
+5
Grisodude
Steak
beetle
Pete Roper
Tigger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigger
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tigger

Hello from Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Sun May 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi everyone, only recently stumbled over the site, great to have a dedicated GRiSO base with loads of useful info. Owned my pampered GRiSO since July 2013 and is only my second bike, first being an F650gs beemer. My beautiful black 2008 8v is relatively standard apart from rear hugger and crash bars. I have also added a bit of bling in the form of chrome bar end weights and speedo surround to replace factory black items, currently trying to obtain the elusive and endangered `Guzzi flyscreen (on order since Xmas).I live in Central Scotland, relatively close to the magnificent structure you see here - never fails to impress me. The Forth Bridge links Edinburgh and the Lothians in the south, to the Kingdom of Fife, north of the river. Photo taken at South Queensferry, a bikers mecca playing host to hoardes of bikes most fine weekends.

Love the site BTW. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Sun May 18, 2014 2:37 pm

AFAIK the small fly screen has been discontinued. It was always more decorative than useful.

This.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks to be about the closest I've seen and it looks both more useful and better looking than the factory item.

Living where you do make sure you get your bike really good and hot at least once a week if you want to avoid top end problems.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Sun May 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Welcome!

I've stood right where your GRiSO is in that pic. We went for a cruise on the Firth of Forth a fews years back. The bridge is a spectacular piece of engineering. I saw a heap of bikes when we were there, mostly Ducati's & Harley's IIRC. No GRiSO's.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Sun May 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Welcome to the ghetto Tigger!  Not many Scotsmen on board here, so you are a special member indeed!

There is a guy over on the Italian GRiSO board who was popping out some nice fiberglass repops of the GRiSO flyscreen that look great and aren't very expensive at all.  I will try to relocate the particulars and repost over here.

There is some really great stuff over there with the Italians, but for non-Italian speakers, it takes a bit of digging and translating.

Here it is...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Tue May 20, 2014 4:33 am

Welcome Tigger

Harry
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Tue May 20, 2014 6:32 am

It's a good thing you are showing those "hordes" the Right Kind of Motorcycle.

DM
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 12:39 am

Could it be he "Pict" the right one?
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 6:12 am

is he clad only in blue dye??
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 11:07 pm

And he has a white line down the middle of the woad.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 6:18 am

Is that the Pretenders song or the Beatles song?? Smile
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 7:01 am

I can just see it parked on the cobbles in front of the Bon Vivant just off Charlotte Square.

Slainte!
Back to top Go down
cytocycle
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cytocycle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Welcome, Love the last years of the Braking Pedal front rotors!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Scotland
Page 1 of 1