GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Regarding Rider Sag

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

Regarding Rider Sag Empty
PostSubject: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am

I read the technical version here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's very interesting but I have the OEM suspenders.
At the moment I seem to get a fairly harsh ride, I don't have the money or the time to change out the shock for something fancy.

The specs say 110 mm rear travel, I assume thats measured at the axel not the shock
I gather I need to set the rider sag to 25-30% total travel (27-33 mm measured at the rear axel)
I don't think I can set the Static Sag without changing the spring.
Since the GRiSO doesn't have an axel to see I thought I would make up a sliding scale to slip in one of the holes in the top of the rear disk and measure from there to the bag frame vertically above, does that sound reasonable.
I assume I do this with all my tools and camping gear on-board.

There appears to be just one screw for adjusting the rear damping labeled Hard to Soft

The front shocks have a screw on each shock, I assume one is for compression and one for rebound, is there a setting that works ok like clicks from fully CW

Please don't go getting all technical now silent

Thanks in advance

07 1100

Roy
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:18 am

I think that you can adjust the total sag (bikes weight + you on it), and then measure the static sag that your setting results, to figure out if the spring is ok or not
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks for the response, yes that makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:50 pm

What I do Roy is set up my phone on a box , camera set to video. A long ruler taped to seat, with the measuring end close to Center of Carc. Start recording, Pull up on tail to top out shock = bike sag measurement, release and allow to settle Sit on bike allow to settle = rider sag.
A couple of screenshots, video was to big to send. I also taped some white paper to the carc with a reference mark, makes reviewing measurements easy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Adjusting the sag isn't going to make the ride less (or more) harsh.  Instead wind the compression dampening right out and see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Ok, thanks everybody.
The take a video is perfect for us misfits without any friends LOL

Dave, you are right of course, I will try that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Rider Sag   Regarding Rider Sag Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Regarding Rider Sag
Page 1 of 1