GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another

Go down 
+3
Patlikestolean
anguscameron1966
sidrat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 pm

obvioulsy i am talking about the sticker on the tank!

they are £45 and it will take me ages to get rid of what's left (the top of the i and the 8V) to make the area smooth enough again for a replacement.

Time has come for a carbon or somesuch tank pad, anyone got some piccies of their's?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 pm

I lost the same decal .... eventually put a new decal on at a stupid cost but I like the look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Any sticker place should be able to recreate the design from a web image for you.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:23 am

found this and this this
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

They look decent Sid. Might have gone that way myself but had to have the rear section of the carc casing repainted also, the paint on it for no reason had started to lift and flake.
Back to top Go down
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 am

Mine was gone when I bought my bike last year "8v" part was faded but intact.
I took mine to a local pinstriper/graphics wiz and he painted it in using silver.
Not perfect but looks great, only charged me $40.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Patlikestolean wrote:
Mine was gone when I bought my bike last year "8v" part was faded but intact.
I took mine to a local pinstriper/graphics wiz and he painted it in using silver.
Not perfect but looks great, only charged me $40.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Wow that looks perfect to me!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:45 am

Had the same issue on my white 09 and that decal was under the clear and to make it nice again it was a repaint...
So I got pissed and did a color change on the whole bike. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:22 am

I keep reading the title of your post and go into shock, why would you.....
then I open the post and realize what you are talking about, and that I have opened it previously about 10 times
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 am

It's having the desired effect on me too. Short-term memory going?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

Laughing

Last edited by MrGPz on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:40 am

Don't worry, i love my GRiSO. I always wanted a Tuono, both the V Twin and the Current V4, but just raced a V twin to work this morning and the GRiSO won, i really dont need anything else (ok that's a lie, but you know what i mean)!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am

This was the end result of my replacement tank decal

I like it, and it covers up the past 9 years worth of wear and tear!
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:18 am

Mine came off too, and I bought a replacement but it didn’t last long. I think it needs a coating of clear coat to really stay put. Also I didn’t smooth down the old clear coat first.

But I actually like the look of the embossed black area without the decal. However the tank pad idea is intriguing as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another   GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO gone, probably not going to get another
Page 1 of 1