GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cylinder Head torque settings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Timstorm
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Timstorm

Cylinder Head torque settings Empty
PostSubject: Cylinder Head torque settings   Cylinder Head torque settings Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:24 am

Does anyone know the torque settings for the 1100s cylinder head? Do the two external bolts have a different setting? What is the tightening sequence? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head torque settings   Cylinder Head torque settings Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 am

Yup. Unlike earlier models with the last of 'em you torque them all to a single quite low torque figure then the four long ones get another 90 degrees plus another 90 degrees and the short ones a single step of 90 degrees. If you don't have an RTG just do it by swing.

Can't remember the initial torque off the top of my head.

Pete

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head torque settings   Cylinder Head torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:41 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Yup. Unlike earlier models with the last of 'em you torque them all to a single quite low torque figure then the four long ones get another 90 degrees plus another 90 degrees and the short ones a single step of 90 degrees. If you don't have an RTG just do it by swing.

Can't remember the initial torque off the top of my head.

Pete

Hi Pete:
Not sure what "if you don't have an RTG just do it by swing" means. I have a 2016. The online manual states:
Head fixing screw (4) - pre-tightening 15 Nm (11.06 lb ft)
Head fixing screw (4) - final tightening 42 Nm (31 lb ft)

I'm not rebuilding, just checking the torques, as one side has a slight weep. Wondering if I need a special tool instead of my good old torque wrench?!

Thanks BMR
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head torque settings   Cylinder Head torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:06 pm

Highly unlikely to be the head gasket.

Check the cooling circuit banjo isn't weeping and the coolant gallery plugs. Could also be a plug tube o-ring. Post a pic and I might have a better idea.

If you do decide to re-torque the main studs don't forget to loosen the two camchain tunnel clamp bolts first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head torque settings   Cylinder Head torque settings Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cylinder Head torque settings
Page 1 of 1