GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Big move to Tassie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 am

We’ve just finished the transport section of our move to the west coast of Tasmania. Left Cobar on Thursday with the wife, son and two dogs - drove to Tocumwal for an overnight stay and then on to Melbourne for the trip over on the Spirit of Tasmania. Bit bumpy on the way over but it was a nice trip overall. Now ensconced on the west coast waiting for all our worldly goods to arrive. Start work at my new job tomorrow.
Can’t wait for the bike to arrive and get out and try some of these fantastic roads.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 am

G'day Matt

Welcome to Tas, hope it all turns out good for you, good to have another member for our Tas Ghetto.

I live at Ulverstone up on the North West Coast ...

Where are you down the coast, know the area well, being an ex Govt Mines Inspector I know the mines down that way well.

Hope you settle in well

cheers

Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:46 am

Staying in Zeehan at the moment. Working at Renison.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:07 am

Wow, Matt, Cobar to Tassie. Time to kick right back, I reckon. Good luck with the career move. Enjoy the roads.

Will you be migrating northwards (temporarily) to attend rallies et al? If you do, bring Trevor with you.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 am

Yep, this was a lifestyle move. Always wanted to head down here and the a job came up that suited me so here we are. The plan is to do a lot more riding and that will definitely include some trips north.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 am

You're going to need to turn the heating right up. Enjoy the roads, but watch out for black ice.
Back to top Go down

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:10 am

What a change, from the middle of the desert to almost the wettest/coldest place in the country.
I've dreamt for years of retiring in Ulverstone, been advised to rent for a winter first.
3 months of cabin fever might drive me nuts. Didn't know I could get any worse, already ride a Guzzi.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi again Matt
After you settle in and if you get up to the coast please make contact and call in for a cuppa, be good to catch up.
I see that Avbery is just about to reopen, it could get busy in Zeehan ....
Stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:56 pm

There's some good exploring to be done along & off the coast road north of Zeehan your GRiSO will become familiar with dirt roads, but it's well worth the effort. Enjoy. And how long till the bike arrives? And spring is coming, too.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 am

Even though it is wet and cold it’s not as cold as most people think it is. The nights in Cobar were definitely colder. Dealing with it seems to be just like riding in the cold and wet - have the right gear and it’s all OK. The dogs certainly don’t seem to care at all - always keen to get out for a run whether it’s raining or not.
Once the bike gets here I’ll be getting out a bit. I could see a good day trip up the Cradle mountain road to Ulverstone and back home so I’ll take you up on the offer of a cups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big move to Tassie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big move to Tassie   Big move to Tassie Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Big move to Tassie
Page 1 of 1