GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tipover Logic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 pm

This may help someone else
Waiting for the ferry I dropped the bike at zero speed, only damage to my pride.
After picking it up again I was unable to get it to crank, all the lights were in line but not so-much as a click from the start relay and yes it's Startus Interuptus proof
I wondered if it might be the tip-over sensor, didn't have a clue where to find it.
The lights looked normal so I decided to hot-wire the solenoid, it started right up when I touched the solenoid wire to the battery terminal.
Turned the key Off then back on and it started normally, has ever since.

So what happened, did I reset something in the ECU or did the vibration reset the sensor?

Does anyone know where the tip-over sensor is located?

Mark, do you have access to the logic in the ECU or a document describing the inter-reaction between discrete inputs and outputs?
I work with Programmable Logic Controllers, it would be nice to know what's going on in here.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 pm

The tip over sensor is located under the seat near the relays behind the headstock.

As for the logic, that's Marelli Secret Squirrell business. If I recall correctly, there's a time delay after it's tripped, before restart is possible. I will check.

Edit: I made a boo-boo.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Yep Mark, I believe your are correct and it could spread from a few minutes to 20 or so, but I have been known to be wrong before. Roy, the whole idea is to wait and make sure everything is OK before proceeding. Whether you got around it with your method, or it had reset itself, I guess we will never know - unless you do it again, but I would not recommend that...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:09 pm

According to documentation, it disables to fuel pump and "start up" circuit via the injection relay.

Thusly:

This sensor in the right position with the engine running is in open contact. Should the vehicle fall the sensor will close the ground contact through pin 35 of connector B. The ECU, sensing this condition of danger, will stop the engine.
If the sensor is repositioned correctly, the consent to start-up is achieved turning the key to OFF and waiting 10 seconds during which the ECU carries out the power latch.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm

I found a training document on Guzzitech that says there is a 10 second delay and the key must be turned off for it to reset
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 pm

I found this document, it says the sensor has to be open and key has to be off for 10 seconds for it to rreset
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Page 103, calls it The Fall Sensor
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Yep. That's what I quoted above.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Lesson learned ....
Always learning something new ..
Thanks, this could save some angst down the track.
Stay safe all
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:27 am

When mine fell over (there is a video on this site showing it!) It took longer than 10 seconds, more like 30 before it burst into life again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tipover Logic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipover Logic   Tipover Logic Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tipover Logic
Page 1 of 1