GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Empty
PostSubject: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Not everybody's choice of rear plate mount but I bought this and I love it.

Rubber mounted with shouldered bolts
Full wiring loom with OE connectors, even has the option to mount indicators on the plate as the wiring loom includes wiring for those too.
All fixings included, indicator mounting brackets, cable ties, plastic caps for bolt and nut heads, there's even a square grommet for the under tray.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:18 pm

now you need to buy a rear hugger-you know what our weather is (usually) like...
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Looks very nice and tidy.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33 pm

That's just what I've been looking for - unfortunately, they're now showing as "Sold Out" !!!  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Dave R wrote:
That's just what I've been looking for - unfortunately, they're now showing as "Sold Out" !!!  

Just email Kevin on info@ and tell him I sent you as I told him I was going to share the love, you’ll get an email in excellent English from him.

Please do bear in mind that Italy closes in August but that’ll give you extra time to save up the pennies :-)
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Cheers - I'll do that later. Just need to figure out how to get to the wiring now !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:45 pm

It’s at the back, remove the seat, it’s under the small black plastic cover held on by the large 11mm hex heads - it’s almost too easy.

He also does some black nylon spacers so you can use aftermarket indicators on OE mounts - clever b’stard - price is for 2 pieces -

...you just need to tell him 6mm or 8mm thread on your chosen flashers.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:03 am

Interesting stuff on his site incl oil cooler covers etc - well spotted !

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

Robinson_Spike wrote:
It’s at the back, remove the seat, it’s under the small black plastic cover held on by the large 11mm hex heads - it’s almost too easy.

He also does some black nylon spacers so you can use aftermarket indicators on OE mounts - clever b’stard - price is for 2 pieces -

Thanks for that - I'm just waiting on a reply now
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Robinson_Spike wrote:

Little help here if possible. I've removed the six hex heads (one either side & four under the seat unit as well as the two tall 11 mm hex bolts that hold the small black plastic cover on. I can see the wiring, but I'll be buggered if the tail piece wants to come off - am I missing any more fasteners, or there a knack to removing the tail piece from here ?

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Why do you need to remove the tail piece , if you pull the snorkel off the airbox and take the small plastic 11mm bolt head cover off the wiring can be reached without issue, oh you will have to pop the relay off it’s rubber mount.

If you do want to remove the seat cowl then it’s all the button heads and the additional 5mm sockets at the rear under sides as they sandwich it too.
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am

Robinson_Spike wrote:
Why do you need to remove the tail piece , if you pull the snorkel off the airbox and take the small plastic 11mm bolt head cover off the wiring can be reached without issue, oh you will have to pop the relay off it’s rubber mount.

If you do want to remove the seat cowl then it’s all the button heads and the additional 5mm sockets at the rear under sides as they sandwich it too.

Apologies if I'm hijacking this thread, but it's related. I want to remove the existing tail tidy & fit a CARC mounted number plate. It just looks easier to have the cowl moved out of the way completely, rather than trying to work around it. I'll have another look when I have chance & try the way you suggest. The two rearmost fixings are missing, so I'm guessing I'm just not wriggling it enough yet !
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:43 am

Why add unsprung weight?

Damn near everyone complains about how much GRiSO's weigh.

I'm working on lightening my GRiSO. starting with the rider

Heck I'm having enough trouble getting rid of my excess (nearly 4 stone) belly.  4 stone sound a heck of a lot better than 55 lbs
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:29 pm

After five years of riding an 800 cc V twin pumping out 46 ponies, anything seems quick in comparison. Besides, I'm guessing that the standard can being replaced by something lighter will offset ant weight gains !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!   I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I bought some KC34 parts - i love 'em!
Page 1 of 1