GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Im new, HELP

Go down 
+4
Steak
wardentm
MalG
Fabrizio
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fabrizio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Fabrizio

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello! My name is Fabrizio a Brazilian from an Italian family living in the USA, I had a yamaha Vstar 650 for over a year, sold it and Yesterday bought and travelled a 2007 GRiSO 1100 with 15k miles, I could not be more in love, I feel like I got out of a bettle and into a ferrari, been loving every second and spend my day coming up with excuses to go ride it. Like I said I could not be happier but dont know almost nothing about this incledible machine like: what do I need to watch for? Maintanence intervals and what can I do to spend less amout of time possible (and money of course) fixing it... To me preventive maintenece is half the fun of a bike. Thank you so much for adding me to the family, could not be more happy and excited![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Welcome Fab (it's an Aussie thing, everything gets shortened). I see you've got the faster red one. Download the manuals (here under GRiSO ex Liberia), & if your bike didn't come with one, especially the owner's manual. Then search the forum when you have queries - & if you can't find it, just ask. Most things have happened to others before. Enjoy the beast.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:26 pm

G'day Fabrizio
Welcome to the Ghetto from us all down under in Tasmania.
Your bike is identical to mine, lovely ride. Mine now has 67k on the clock and still going like a train.
One thing you need to do , pop some grease into the swing arm bearings and shock linkages, somehow Luigi forgot on the production line, do a search here and you will get the steps to do it, I did mine ok. Another thing I did was install some bar risers, this has made things more comfortable for me.
And another thing, lock your back wheel bolts, some have found them loosening off, just search here for threads on these issues. And as you will read on here make sure you do not overfil your engine with oil, keep him/her in the mid range.
Cheers for now.
Stay warm and safe.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Welcome Fabrizio!

Regular Maintenance on 1100 is easy as can be even for a budding mechanic. Here's a one stop reference page for you in addition to the e-manuals mentioned previously.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Welcome Fabrizio, nice colour in red, although the early black ones were the fastest :-)

Lots of help on here to maintain your bike, just holla
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Welcome Fabrizio, enjoy the GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:17 am

Hi and wlecome

Not much to go wrong and if it does the answer can usually be found here.

The main items are:

Tappets
Throttle body balance
Oil change: engine, gear box and shaft drive.
Air filter
Spark plug change.

These are all doable at home for little cost.

Also get the free Guzzidiag software and buy connecting cables.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:07 am

Hi Fabrizio, welcome. You will find your bike is pretty much bullet proof, easily maintained, and there are plenty here willing to lend a hand.
Back to top Go down
Fabrizio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Fabrizio

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 am

Wow guys! Thank you so much! Ive been lucky to drive most really fast and expensive cars out there due to my previous job (sales at BMW dealership) and I have yet to find something with this much charactet and that makes me smile this much, cant thank you all enough for this really warm welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Fabrizio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Fabrizio

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 am

Also, what kind of mileage you guys get? When driving a little spirited my dash told me 29mpg, but going back and forth to work ive been getting 39 mpg
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:25 pm

You need a beetle-map Fabrizio. GRiSO.org will get you to his site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im new, HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new, HELP   Im new, HELP Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Im new, HELP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: