GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from Venezuela

Go down 
+10
Street
V11
wardentm
GHTE
bioman
Bill Hagan
sidrat
Pete Roper
Guzzi Cat
Goldwing
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldwing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goldwing

Greetings from Venezuela Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:48 am

Hi guys, I´m a happy owner of a 2008 Stelvio and just got a 2009 GRiSO
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am

A great combination of bikes Thumbs Up welcome,
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 am

You'll feel nd several people here who have multiple 8V's. I hope they've both been rollerised?

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 am

Welcome to the ghetto  i see you are starting a collection we need some Got Pics?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:38 am

Welcome from the Moto Grappa at the top of Virginia! cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Goldwing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goldwing

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 am

Pete Roper wrote:
You'll feel nd several people here who have multiple 8V's. I hope they've both been rollerised?

Pete
Stelvio hasn´t and it has about 48K Km, got it with 17K. I´ve been using Shell Helix Ultra Racing syntetic 10w60 motor oil, no problems so far. I belive GRiSO neither.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:51 am

Oh you have problems. They just haven't manifested themselves yet. Until all the DLC has gone therenis little noise or degradation in performance but the tappets will be destroying themselves.

All the flat tappet 8V's fail. The best thing to do is get to it before it manifests itself by noise. Make no mistake, at 48,000km there will be serious damage. It just hasn't been looked for yet. Pull a cambox, a fifteen minute job on the left hand side, and all will be revealed.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Goldwing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goldwing

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Oh you have problems. They just haven't manifested themselves yet. Until all the DLC has gone therenis little noise or degradation in performance but the tappets will be destroying themselves.

All the flat tappet 8V's fail. The best thing to do is get to it before it manifests itself by noise. Make no mistake, at 48,000km there will be serious damage. It just hasn't been looked for yet. Pull a cambox, a fifteen minute job on the left hand side, and all will be revealed.

Pete
I will.

Thanks for the advise
Back to top Go down
Goldwing
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goldwing

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am

By the way. I didn´t worried much about it since I read in another forum (Guzzitech Forum) that certain engines were involved in that problem. They even published the VIN that had the problem and an engine series or something like that. Mine wasn´t in that group.
Anyways, beside the tappets, do I have to replace the Crankshaft as well?
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto!!  Show us some pictures!!  

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:05 pm

A hearty welcome from Oz. Great choice of Bikes.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 pm

G'day Goldwing
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania
Enjoy your stay here.
Good luck with your rollorizing and of less importance but when you get some time check your swing arm and shock linkage greasing, see details on this site.
Stay safe and well.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Goldwing wrote:
By the way. I didn´t worried much about it since I read in another forum (Guzzitech Forum) that certain engines were involved in that problem. They even published the VIN that had the problem and an engine series or something like that. Mine wasn´t in that group.
Anyways, beside the tappets, do I have to replace the Crankshaft as well?

Originally there was an official recall for early bikes which used chilled cast iron tappets. They were replaced with an alternative type of flat tappet made from forges steel with a 'Diamond Like Carbon', DLC coating. Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem but they kept selling bikes knowing they were going to fail until the middle of 2012 but steadfastly denied that there was a serious problem.

If you do a bit of research on the problem you'll find I've done extensive research into the failure and what I believe are the causes. I've also done probably as many if not more rollerisations than any other workshop on the planet and have a policy of inspecting any flat tappet machine that comes into my workshop and I see a 100% failure rate.

The details on how it can be corrected with factory 'Assistance' have also been explained but in your case unless you have clear documented history of the bike's service records it is highly unlikely you will get any help from the factory. Rollerising on your own dime is not cheap but failing to do so will destroy your motor. Catch it early enough though and it is safe and not difficult. As long as there is no bottom end damage from debris as the tappets fail all you need to do is install the required kit which is essentially camboxes. The crank will hopefully be fine.

Pete

Back to top Go down
V11
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
V11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:04 am

I'm a newby here myself, welcome aboard Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Goldwing!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Goldwing, don't believe everything you see/hear on GuzziTech. It's not a fair playing field!

Heed Pete Roper's advice, he will not guide you down the wrong path, not does he have a vested interest in aftermarket parts.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Two thumbs up on the GRiSO/Stelvio combo!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Steak wrote:
Two thumbs up on the GRiSO/Stelvio combo!!!

I like the two Grisos combo myself!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 am

welcome and listen to Mr Roper. He knows.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:28 pm

I fear he didn't like what he heard and has gone elsewhere to seek easy solutions proffered by incompetents for lots of money. Pity, but there ya go.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:42 pm

But, but...he uses that kick ass oil that no one ever heard of!!
That's the ticket, yo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Venezuela   Greetings from Venezuela Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Venezuela
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: