GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Screen deflector

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Screen deflector Empty
PostSubject: Screen deflector   Screen deflector Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My G1100 came with the factory small screen but I wanted a bit more wind protection so bought a Dart Marlin screen. To be honest there was not a great deal of improvement and when I bought a new Shark helmet the screen air flow seemed to try to lift the helmet slightly at 80mph.
One option was to put the factory screen back on but instead  I went for a screen deflector, at under £20 it wasn't going to break the bank if it was crap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The thing was surprisingly well made, a doddle to fit and didn't look at all bad once on. It is adjustable for height and angle of deflection and actually does make a difference once the right position is found. There is less wind noise and no helmet lifting. I tested it up to 125mph and there were no issues.

For my height(6'2") and with a Dart Marlin  screen it was worth  the £20 and can be easily removed if required. It also allows longer motorway trips at high speeds more bearable, so all in all a good result.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Screen deflector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screen deflector   Screen deflector Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:46 am

I don't care how well it works. It's just butt ugly.

FWIW, I have a Dart screen fitted to my 1200SE, and it works dandy. I would sell my bike rather than install what you have done.

Of course I accept that my tastes are mine alone.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Screen deflector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screen deflector   Screen deflector Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:59 am

kiwi dave wrote:
I don't care how well it works.  It's just butt ugly.

FWIW, I have a Dart screen fitted to my 1200SE, and it works dandy.  I would sell my bike rather than install what you have done.

Of course I accept that my tastes are mine alone.

I must admit the pictures don't do it justice. I am fussy how the things look on the bike and can live with the deflector. As I said it is easily removable and fits in my Givi tank bag so I could take it off once I reach my destination.
Being tall wind blast can get annoying and I would rather have the GRiSO than a Norge for most of my needs so the deflector makes the bike just that bit more flexible when required.
Really my review is aimed at riders doing long distances who put comfort above short term looks and wouldn't sell their bike rather than fit a bit of plastic for the odd trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Screen deflector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screen deflector   Screen deflector Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Screen deflector
Page 1 of 1