GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LED Headlight

Go down 
+7
ratso88
cognosticator
Cantaloop
beetle
kiwi dave
wyno
SuperSimo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperSimo
Carlotto
Carlotto
SuperSimo

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Can anyone shine the light on this? (Couldn't resist) My headlight needs replacement, as it wasn't a particularly bright light to start with, thought I'd look into LEDs.

Anyone fitted a LED headlight unit? Any feedback advice or even where to find one for Left Hand Side road riding? They seem to be all DOT and therefore Right Hand Side riding.

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Have a chat to Beetle. He has put a LED headlight in his GRiSO. I was thinking about doing it too, but with an adaptive LED headlight. Unfortunately they cost about $1200 here in Oz.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:28 pm

I've got one. Jeep LED. E marked. Try eBay. Here's two on eBay UK.

This one is exactly like mine: LINKY

This one slightly different, but way cheaper: LINKY

Mine, in all it's naked glory...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:35 pm

J.W. Speaker here
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Cantaloop wrote:
J.W. Speaker here

Was that a straight plug n play or did you have to make some modifications
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:44 am

Conversion kit was needed... with headlight housing. The OEM does not fit.

Last edited by Cantaloop on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:58 am

I run a Cyclops H4 LED in the stock headlamp set up. It wasn't exactly plug n play but close enough for
me. Very bright, it's advertised as 7,000 Lumen. Not sure about the left hand drivability. For 80 bucks I
think it was a good deal compared to the other options. It's marketed more to the Adventure Touring
crowd. Put it in when I got the GRiSO a couple years ago and it's still lighting the way in the dark.

P/N CIL-LEDMD-H4
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:41 pm

ratso88 wrote:
I run a Cyclops H4 LED in the stock headlamp set up. It wasn't exactly plug n play but close enough for
me. Very bright, it's advertised as 7,000 Lumen. Not sure about the left hand drivability. For 80 bucks I
think it was a good deal compared to the other options. It's marketed more to the Adventure Touring
crowd. Put it in when I got the GRiSO a couple years ago and it's still lighting the way in the dark.

P/N CIL-LEDMD-H4

ratso88 - I have the Cyclops LEDs in the Tenere and am quite pleased with the result.  When you say it isn't plug and play, dd it require a wiring change?  On the Tenere, there is some type of adapter or cooling unit that goes between the wiring harness and the bulb.  The hard part was making it all fit inside the stock headlight assembly.

The less expensive LED headlight that Beetle recommended is not available in the US.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Hello FrontRange, the wiring was not an issue. Fitting the lamp in the reflector was the issue. I had to install it in two parts to get the rubber boot in place. This is really very minor as the unit is two pieces. It is designed to come apart and goes right back together. I suppose if you didn't put the boot back on it would be a simple five minute task. I figured a little extra environmental protection in that area is a good thing and worth the extra few minutes.

I'm pretty happy with it. My buddy's Harley touring rig just barely out shines me at night. It's not 300 bucks either.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 pm

ratso88 - Thanks a million.  This will be my next upgrade.
Back to top Go down
thekenheld
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
thekenheld

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:55 pm

Koso here, also without original housing.
Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 am

My original lens got a giant crack in it somewhere in either Arkansas or Tennessee - the cool guys at Mountain Motorsports performed the field expedient Packing Tape fix - but now I need a new unit or might as well go LED. For those of you who have dispensed with the stock bucket do the self contained units from KC, JWS, etc mount OK to the forks? And what about the wiring junction, did you heat shrink it or just connect to the factory loom? Thanks - Mark[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:22 pm

If you are looking for a bulb replacement here is one that should work without modifications.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just ordered one so I should know by the weekend
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2019 4:58 am

What the GRiSO needs is the Morimoto super7.  It has the same style goin on as the exhaust  Very Happy .

Problem is its made specific for Jeep and and looks too big to fit.  

Anyone up for the challenge?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2019 5:27 am

Jeep headlights work fine. My headlight was made for a Jeep. The look good, but they're stupid money.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 am

beetle wrote:

Jeep headlights work fine. My headlight was made for a Jeep. The look good, but they're stupid money.

And you have to buy too (well that was my experience   

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LED Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight   LED Headlight Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LED Headlight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: