GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New from the uk

Go down 
+10
peterc9
Stromgriso
Street
Pete Roper
Richard
paulbrice
davem
sidrat
beetle
marmike
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

New from the uk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:29 am

Great idea for a GRiSO add on - clip on tray, Xmas dinner out to the garage away from the family!!

Took my KTM in for full service last week and they loaned me a 1290 super duke GT - cold, very wet and traction lights flashing everywhere on way back home, then back at desk whilst roads dried out. Come 4.30 cold, dark and very wet did it all over again.

Wish i was retired, 2 years to go and counting.
Back to top Go down
marmike
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
marmike

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks for the invite Peter (Sunbeam) most kind. Perhaps we could combine with others at some point as people seem to be up for it in the right conditions

I would be up for a get together with anyone anywhere really, in daylight, weekend, preferably dry and above 10 degrees. Can't promise a GRiSO for a while yet (original deal looks to be falling apart) But the daytona will do nicely for now.

Keep an eye on the weather eh?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:38 am

Mike - Will keep you in the loop on (to be) planned GRiSO Slate Stampede trip to North Wales around April/May 2019.....Spikes already checked out riding routes Wink
Back to top Go down
marmike
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
marmike

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:46 am

Thanks Paul sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Hiya Mike

Just picked up on your post - been busy on other stuff over the last few months & not been keeping up to date on the forum (tut tut).

Did you manage to have a look at a GRiSO - I'm in Stapleford if you want to have a look at a 1200. PM me if you want

Dave
Back to top Go down
marmike
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
marmike

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi Dave R

update

Thanks for picking up on this. I took up Sidrat's kind offer to have a gawp at his absolutely mint 1200 in black and it reminded me what a dumb move it was to sell my 1100 some years ago. The look of these bikes is pretty much perfect IMHO Thanks much for the offer but don't want to get all fired up if I'm not sure yet whether to get one. ( MT01 is out of the raceBTW)

My work is seasonal and things are improving but not yet ready to press the go button, ... however

I have to admit I am put off by the whole flat tappet issue and the tendency of some prospective sellers to talk crap and would really want to get a factory fitted rollerised bike but probably out of my budget.
Id otherwise buy a suitably priced bike (not easy to find)with an evident tappet issue and take it to Mark at Twiggers having discussed it with him.

A 1100 bike is tempting as it would be a lot easier to afford and I know I liked the one I had plus no tappet issues.... but since I had that one I have been riding the 955i for 3 years and loving the power so who knows if I would be happy with it now

I notice there is a striking yellow 1100 for sale in Batley ( listed as a 1200 of course) but too few miles and too many drinking vouchers

Anyway no point in wasting people's time till I have the moolah.

thanks again for the offer mate.

Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:46 am

I saw Sidrats last year - spent an enjoyable afternoon there, he helped me drop my forks which improved the handling no end.  I have the same model, but in red.  

There's a few on ebay at the moment - they range in price from £7900 down to £3750.  There's a beautiful red '15 plate (so past the tappets issue stage) with only 2000 miles on it at £7150 - but as you say, if you can't afford it at the moment, no point torturing yourself

Don't know which part of Notts you're in, but Midland Scooter Centre became a Guzzi dealer last year - great set of mechanics there.  Head mechanic is a guy called Keith - apparently he used to work for Guzzi, so really knows his stuff.

Hope you manage to get sorted - give me a shout if you want to meet up
Back to top Go down
marmike
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
marmike

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Dave R wrote:
I saw Sidrats last year - spent an enjoyable afternoon there, he helped me drop my forks which improved the handling no end.  I have the same model, but in red.  

There's a few on ebay at the moment - they range in price from £7900 down to £3750.  There's a beautiful red '15 plate (so past the tappets issue stage) with only 2000 miles on it at £7150 - but as you say, if you can't afford it at the moment, no point torturing yourself

Don't know which part of Notts you're in, but Midland Scooter Centre became a Guzzi dealer last year - great set of mechanics there.  Head mechanic is a guy called Keith - apparently he used to work for Guzzi, so really knows his stuff.

Hope you manage to get sorted - give me a shout if you want to meet up

I'm in Underwood (Jnc 27)
If the roads are dry at weekends I'm usually haunting the peaks/dales on a sat. am or Sun pm but can meet anywhere if you out and about
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Ha - I sometimes work out of the Highways depot at Felley, junction 27. PM your mobile number & I'll message you when I'm free
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:59 am

Picking up on a comment made somewhere in this thread - agree 1100's appear to be at bottom of depreciation curve and good ones holding value. I think we will see a few more bike magazine articles over the coming year picking them out for modern classic status again.
Mines freshly MOT'd and ready to go.

Interestingly the usual trick my local MOT station employs of foot on side stand and hoist bike in air to check rear wheel bearings etc does not work on GRiSO given forward position of stand. they had to employ a jack under suspension linkage which I was a little concerned about, but seems OK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from the uk   New from the uk - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New from the uk
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: