GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tank pad for GRiSO?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

Tank pad for GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:40 am

My 'GRiSO' tank decal started looking like garbage so i removed it using heat, a guitar pick, and then finished off removing the adhesive with WD40 (as suggested on this forum). There is still an outline where to old decal was. I'm assuming i'd have to repaint the tank to get rid of it. However, does anyone have a tank pad they recommend to cover it up with?

Thanks,

Charlie
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Mine met a similar fate, and I considered doing a cover-up, too, or buying an OEM replacement.

I have, however, grown oddly fond of the "ghost" GRiSO image and have just left it there. cheers

Obviously, YMMV, but consider "living with it."

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm

creid123 wrote:
My 'GRiSO' tank decal started looking like garbage so i removed it using heat, a guitar pick, and then finished off removing the adhesive with WD40 (as suggested on this forum). There is still an outline where to old decal was. I'm assuming i'd have to repaint the tank to get rid of it. However, does anyone have a tank pad they recommend to cover it up with?

Thanks,

Charlie

@sidrat has the answer - I think that the thread was “no more GRiSO”

I’ll have a look and report back
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 am

I do indeed Spike

You cannot stick it so it meets the seat as its not wide enough in that position to cover up the old logo, so you have to move it up the tank slightly, but apart from that i think it looks great, make up your own mind

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:05 am

They do a few for the GRiSO and other Guzzies, Clicky here and then take a look at their shop
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am

and it sticks like shit to a blanket, very happy :-)
Back to top Go down
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:36 am

Thanks for the input everyone. @Sidrat, that tank pad looks pretty good to me! I'll order it today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tank pad for GRiSO?   Tank pad for GRiSO? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tank pad for GRiSO?
Page 1 of 1