GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Has anyone polished the valve covers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

Has anyone polished the valve covers? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Saw a valve cover for sale at a low price and wondered how it would look all polished instead
of matte painted. Anyone tried this?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm

Once polished, it takes effort to keep it looking good. Polished Aluminium looks good but the maintenance kills it for me.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:00 am

Well, that might look purdy w/black plastic contrast. Just make sure it is one that fits your rocker towers, floater type or spark plug tube type.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 pm

I sprayed my GRiSO's covers with a high temp cast-iron metallic paint after a light scuffing achieved on a get off. Looks great to me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Guzziholic
Carlotto
Carlotto
Guzziholic

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:57 am

Just got my GRiSO, havent polished the covers yet, but ive done it to my jackal, bellagio and breva. Takes dedication keeping the shine, but if you love your bike like i LOVE mine you wont mind lavishing a bit of time and polish on it. Heres my Jackal rockers, after a half hour stripping the paint and polishing with a buffer wheel on a drill. (Now im home in Oz and have a garage, ive got a bench grinder with a polishing wheel..... so much easier than using a drill. Safer too.)
Back to top Go down
Guzziholic
Carlotto
Carlotto
Guzziholic

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:07 am

Also polished the forks and everything else, triple clamps bar risers, etc..... the polish on the rockers needs more upkeep than forks and other non-engine parts....... i recommend Autosol for maintenance polishing... just keep an eye on my GRiSO, its gonna be a bling knockout when i am done. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone polished the valve covers?   Has anyone polished the valve covers? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Has anyone polished the valve covers?
Page 1 of 1