GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Northeast Guzzi

Go down 
+11
MalG
Oz1200Guzzi
sideshowbob
Street
rick pope
Bill Hagan
Il Griso
b3177h
Cotton
bahamazoo
PilotJet
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:10 pm

You're not wrong. In some jurisdictions if you want a drink you have to go to see the sheriff and get him to give you written permission which is only given if it is ascertained that you are an alcoholic!

What a pack of savages!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Might be a religious factor at play there too, but I'd rather not speculate here.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 pm

By the way, if you order a "regular" coffee in New York, it comes with milk. To get what I would call "regular" you have to order it black.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Street wrote:
By the way, if you order a "regular" coffee in New York, it comes with milk. To get what I would call "regular" you have to order it black.

Yup, in NY/NYC, 'regular' coffee is milk/cream and 2 sugars, light and sweet is extra milk/cream and 4 sugars. If you want it black, ask for it! ;-) cmon man, fugetaboutit...... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Street wrote:
On my way home from Albuquerque a couple of years ago, In St. George, Utah I had a nice dinner in a restaurant across from my hotel and when the waitress came around to ask me if I'd like any dessert I said, "Yeah, I think I'll have a Jameson, neat, please." She said she didn't know what that was and I said, "Just ask the bartender, he'll know."

Well, she was gone for several minutes, much longer than it takes to pour a shot of whiskey, and when she finally returned she handed me a Jameson and soda! I explained that "neat" meant "plain", no ice, no water, no nothin', “neat”! She apologized and went back to the bar.

Another few minutes passed before the restaurant manager came over to clarify my order explaining that in St. George they thought that "neat" meant “with soda”. So I explained it to him too and eventually I got what I asked for. Jeez Louise, at that point I really needed a double! They should have comped the drink, but no. And it wasn't a drop over a regulation shot.

Maybe Utah's not the best place to go drinking.

Went to a wedding in Austin a few months ago. I drink Bourbon on Ice, but Irish Whiskey and Scotch neat with a drop of water. Anyway, the bartender refused to pour a 'neat' glass of scotch because he said neat meant a shot, and his bosses rule is they dont serve shots. He pours (a nice Oban 14) over Ice, and I of course just to make a point downed it in one swig in front of him and said your bosses rule is dumb. Pour me another and I will enjoy good scotch the way it was meant to be. He did, and with no ice ;-)
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Welcome to the new Austin. Ain't what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 am

So... As the Guzzi still sits in the garage under cover for the winter, I was lucky enough to put the new Sled thru its trials..... WOW!! What a Great Machine! I've been riding a 23 year old sled for the past 15 years and the new 800 Twin 2 Stroke did not disappoint! So Freakin Fast!! What a Machine!! I remember saying the same thing after I rode my first GRiSO! So Much Fun!! Hope I can get another trip in before we lose the snow. I bought a YZ125 2 stroke a million years ago with my buddy and we thrashed the crap out of it, but these new 2 stroke motors are INSANE! Fuel injected, computerized oil injection and all the other new crap on them is like a whole new world!! Sorry for the non motorcycle post but I gotta do something while the bikes collect mouse nests!! WoooHooo!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northeast Guzzi   Northeast Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Northeast Guzzi
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2