GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

speedo swap/change

Go down 
+2
beetle
Kadonnut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:58 am

i had a little crash with my 8v GRiSO and speedo "glass" shattered.. so i bought new speedo covers just to notice that "glass" is integrated in speedo it self…

so question 1. how hard it is to change aftermarket speedo in GRiSO?

question 2. how hard it is to swap speedos -09 8v <-> -07 1100 ?  does mileage etc. go with speedo or does the bike keep that info somewhere else?

question 3. is there any good ideas how to fix that broken "glass"?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: Re: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:03 am

Speedo electronics keeps odometer and user code data.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: Re: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:09 am

1. Very difficult as the dash controls things like indicators and is integrated with the ECU by a primitive canbus system.

2. All GRiSO speedos are the same but if you buy a second hand one it MUST come with a user code as it won't recognise your keys. You can't change the code without knowing the one stored in the dash. If you don't know the code it won't allow you to start the bike or access the ''Settings' menu to make the required changes.

3. Try and find a 'Dead' non functioning dashboard and swap the transparent cover. It's quite fragile and glued in place but it is possible to pry it off and then replace your cracked on with the one undamaged, just take time and care.

Pete
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: Re: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi all,
just as a side note to this thread,i have been having issues with my clocks and sent them away to be checked,the guy bench tested them for me and could also tell me my user code and service code from the clocks. this is in the uk but I am sure computer buffs are not limited to this little rock.
regards craig
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: Re: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm

melonman wrote:
Hi all,
just as a side note to this thread,i have been having issues with my clocks and sent them away to be checked,the guy bench tested them for me and could also tell me my user code and service code from the clocks. this is in the uk but I am sure computer buffs are not limited to this little rock.
regards craig

If you take them apart, you can read the memory, where usercode is unencrypted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: Re: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm

There should be, and probably is, a way to read the dash through its diagnostic connector. Has anyone done this yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

speedo swap/change Empty
PostSubject: Re: speedo swap/change   speedo swap/change Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

speedo swap/change
Page 1 of 1