GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ciao from Nevada

Go down 
+11
ecs
Pete Roper
wyno
Stromgriso
GHTE
Ekimyrf
beetle
Street
Richard
wardentm
Leone
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:18 pm

Signed away my soul this morning on a leftover '17 GRiSO. Shocked I've never ridden a Guzzi, so this should be quite the experience. I'm normally a fairly rational fellow, but I've always found something compelling in the sound of the Guzzi engine, and the GRiSO in particular seems to tick all the right boxes. My other bike is an '04 Tuono Factory--fantastic ride, but I needed another bike for more relaxed/longer trips, and occasional passenger duty (no rear seat or pegs on the T, and my wife and kids want to accompany me on occasion).

I hope I can ask a few questions, regarding the exhaust. jocolor After reading a bit from all the polite folks here, it seems that the Mistral hi-pipe is the way to go, given the well regarded maps from member beetle. Does the hi pipe present any issues for passenger accommodations? (Appears OK in photos, as long as they're careful with the left foot? And perhaps the carbon version won't cook said foot?). Second, does anyone have the lightech plate bracket from AF1, along with the hi-pipe and stock blinkers? Finally--if the hi-pipe isn't practical in this case, what (in general terms) would I be losing from a sound and performance standpoint by going with the conical Mistral?

Thank you  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Welcome Leone, nutters and good folk will be along shortly to answer all your questions.
But you've come to the right place.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Hello Leone
Greetings from Tasmania ....
Welcome to the GRiSO family and this chatter chatter site ......
Stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:15 am

Hello ! Welcome, Bienvenue  cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Leone!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Hmm. Mistral Hi-pipe & pillion isn't something I can answer. It does pose an issue for luggage. It can be overcome with use of hammer, hacksaw, and angle grinder. The Carbon on the Hi-Pipe doesn't get flesh melting hot to touch.

The seat is another matter. I suspect that combined with the high pillion pegs might leave your wife in anguish. Kids might be OK with it.

Lesser pipes (that's every other pipe) will just mean less torque in the low to midrange.

Welcome to the Ghetto!

cheers   ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:37 am

I have fitted 1 1/2 inch lower footrest my 15 year old who is near 6 foot finds it comfy my wife finds it just bearable
My son however is a very talented rock climber with amazing core strength which really helps,
you will need to fit a rack of some sort for them to hang onto.

I also have a multistrada which is miles better for 2 up work
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 am

Appreciate the welcome, thanks everyone!

Looks like I'll be ordering the hi pipe Thumbs Up

I'll look around for a rack and luggage options. Fortunately, most passenger trips will be short (popping out for dinner on occasion).

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Welcome and enjoy your new ride, they are a delight to ride and own.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:01 pm

Welcome from Oregon! These Grisos are soulful machines and a joy to ride! Best wishes to you and yours!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Finally a break in the weather, picked it up late this afternoon Smile

Interesting machine. The shaft drive and characteristic engine pull were much less intrusive than expected, it's very refined. The stock fueling feels a tad lean (contributing to the sensitive throttle no doubt) and it's definitely a bit soft in the midrange, about what you'd expect from a typical new bike with factory fueling. Considering some of the horror stories regarding poorly setup bikes from the factory, I was surprised by how well it ran!

The handling is brilliant! I didn't expect a Tuono, but it's remarkably planted and predictable. The suspension clearly needs attention, but it's not too bad.

The brakes, however, are godawful. I'm sure they'll feel better once bled, but better pads (at minimum) are definitely in order.

I suppose I'll go through it a bit before doing anymore riding: beetle map, check the valves, throttle body sync, etc, etc. I've also read here a time or two that the swingarm and shock linkage bearings will require immediate attention afro  

BTW--the quality of this forum (and the information therein) was a huge positive contributing factor. I considered a GRiSO several years ago, but had no interest in installing a power commander/autotune (aka "the double abortion") to fix fueling on any bike I owned. Discovering via the forum that there were excellent maps available, along with Guzzidiag (wow!) made this a no-brainer.  flower

And now something none of you have seen before:

Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:41 pm

She’s a beauty!  I give mine an ethanol free treat from time to time, especially here in wet Oregon. This website’s a good resource.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Looks like mine did before I changed a few things.After that list you have, you might want to change the tyres to something that actually grips, like Michelin PR 5s,Metzler Roadtec 01s or Pirelli Angel GTs.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That is Pete Roper with mine the day I picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:57 am

What a magnificent figure of a man! He strides like a colossus through the teeming riff-raff of Bungendore!

Or maybe not!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:07 am

Good thing I wasn't drinking just then....or maybe I should have been. Thanks for all your help Pete.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 am

Leone
Greetings from Tasmania.
Lovely looking ride, enjoy
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:29 am

Welcome to the fold.  

Euro Cycle in Nevada has been making some sales lately - my Red DEvil 2017 was delivered to Orlando from Vegas last night and the driver said he had dropped off an identical one on the other side of town earlier.

This is my second GRiSO so glad to be back in the saddle.  Hair dryer and contact cleaner take care of the stickers.  Termignoni went straight on and HH pads on tonight.  Man sized temporary settings (220lb) on the stock suspension for what it's worth and going to leave the rest until after the first service so I can tell the difference when I put Mark's map on and revalve front and rear.   Rides pretty darn well as is though I must say.

Back to top Go down
TimC
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
TimC

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 am

Welcome to the Italian family that is Moto Guzzi! We may cross paths....if you are in Las Vegas....I live here....have a 2010 SE Tenni version. Todd Eagan got it and set it up for me...I love it....
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:29 am

Welcome to ghetto. Greetings from Ankara / Turkey
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:19 pm

hello and welcome, there are lots of ways to improve, read some of the suspension threads :-)
Back to top Go down
Griso Lad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Griso Lad

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:45 am

Hi mate,
Beautiful bike.What do you use to polish the heat marks off the metal.I’ve tried some Harley Davidson cutting compounds along with polishing compounds,but have had no success.Any advice would be helpful.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Griso Lad
Carlotto
Carlotto
Griso Lad

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:45 am

Hi mate,
Beautiful bike.What do you use to polish the heat marks off the metal.I’ve tried some Harley Davidson cutting compounds along with polishing compounds,but have had no success.Any advice would be helpful.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:59 am

I've tried many compounds. Some of them helped but took lots of time and eford. I am removing pipes every 2 years and taking them to polishing shop. Brush work for half an hour makes them New again.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:08 pm

Thanks everyone!

Quote :
What a magnificent figure of a man! He strides like a colossus through the teeming riff-raff of Bungendore!

And wearing the fancy spectacles which render feeler gauges superfluous, whilst performing the GRiSO valve adjustment. Wink

Bummer about the stock tires, I'll look into some new ones soon... (anyone try the Conti Road Attack?)

@Stromgriso: Ethanol is a real shitter, my Aprilia came with the same caveats. So far, keeping the tank low (and evacuating it completely if it sits any length) has prevented problems. Fortunately, there's non-ethanol readily available in my area, albeit 87 octane. (87 is actually not a problem in the Tuono, no idea how the GRiSO will respond... I'm usually riding at 4500+ feet, which helps I suppose.) I noticed a sticker on the GRiSO OK'ing up to E10, but I won't take any chances.

@ecs: Congrats! Beautiful color, I'm sure the Termi sounds amazing. The story I heard from the sales guy at Eurocycle was that they bought the last ten Grisos in the US warehouse (at a good price, hence the sale). I imagine they'll be gone quickly.

@TimC: Love the Tenni (best looking one IMO), unfortunately I'm a ways North from you (Reno).  

@GRiSO Lad: I'm hopeful the beetle map will somewhat ease pipe maintenance. If it becomes too much of a pain, I suppose there's always periodic polishing or ceramic coating. Thankfully it looks like a 5 minute job to pull them off.

Got the Mistral installed over the weekend, bought the beetle map and set up GuzziDiag (interestingly, the FTDI based cable for my BMW seems to work just fine with a small solder blob modification... as does the cheap FTDI clone one (CH380), but I'm not risking using the latter...). Hopefully I'll time to upload the map and get to the valves and throttle body fiddling later this week.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ciao from Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao from Nevada   Ciao from Nevada Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ciao from Nevada
Page 1 of 1