GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.

Go down 
+3
ecs
kiwi dave
Rushjob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Empty
PostSubject: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:57 pm

What a pain. 1) Any easier way adding/checking air on '17 GRiSO? Sheesh!! I have a pr of 90 degree shrader valve extensions that are too long & hit the calipers.
2) Anybody try opening up the OEM exhaust/remap?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Rushjob wrote:
What a pain. 1) Any easier way adding/checking air on '17 GRiSO? Sheesh!! I have a pr of 90 degree shrader valve extensions that are too long & hit the calipers.

Use the 90° extension to check and fill the tires, and then remove them to ride.

Rushjob wrote:

Most remove the OEM exhaust and replace it with a smaller more manageable size.  It's not that common to see a stock exhaust.

A remap will almost certainly be required.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:38 am

1) common sense. Wish I had more of it.
2) It's what I thought. Just thought I'd ask. I'll hold off awhile.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:24 am

Rushjob wrote:

Thanks

Are you in for a pleasant surprise when Beetle enlightens you Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 pm

There is this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cliff notes: Mistral carbon high exhaust, Beetle map
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:40 am

Seconding this. Mistral Hi Carbon and Beetle Map. It will have you laughing within the first 100metres.

Moby
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:07 pm

My pre-owned '11 came to me with a 90deg stem on the front and a straight stem on the rear.
Not sure what's stock now.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:35 pm

'Opening up' the original exhaust will achieve nothing but noise and will open a can of worms as far as the fueling is concerned.

While, if the original map is retained, the ecu will try to trim around any changes in the closed loop area it will be crude and far from ideal even if it doesn't throw the signal from the lambda sensor out of range and cause a 'Service' warning to be shown.

The original exhaust works surprisingly well. It's biggest negative is its weight! By far the best bet is to choose an aftermarket pipe, leave the dB killer in and map appropriately.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.   Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Air/check/add & OEM exhaust mods.
Page 1 of 1