GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Crank position sensor

Go down 
+2
beetle
Rushjob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

Crank position sensor Empty
PostSubject: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 pm

What do we know about 'em? Do they have history? It took a dump on my new ''17 GRiSO with 58, yes 58 miles & left me on the side of rte 50, Nv, " the loneliest hwy".. Thks to a HD rider & wife who stopped, she stayed with the GRiSO while he took me to the house to get car & trlr.
At least @ this point that's what the dealer's diagnostic says it is.
"It's on order."
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 pm

No more than any other electrical component. Mine has never failed. Yours isn't the first, that's for sure.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:00 pm

Ok, better sooner than later I guess. Thing is, distances between here in Nv are similar to your outback.
Thanks.
Also, how do I acquire your map with the oem silencer? Does it make THAT much noticeable difference?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Rushjob wrote:

Also, how do I acquire your map with the oem silencer? Does it make THAT much noticeable difference?

Click on the link in my signature. Yes, it makes a huge difference.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Condolences on the dump.  Most of us have BTDT.  Glad you both you and the GRiSO are (more or less) OK.  Hard to replace your part$!  Shocked

As for Mark's map, I have a longer review in here somewhere, but here's what I said a few months ago:

Bill Hagan wrote:
No need for me to pile on, but that won't stop me.   jocolor

Rode GRiSO on a 1500-mile r/t to Kentucky on another "mutton run" two weeks ago.  [Yes, fear not, I'll post pix as soon as I cull my bazillion to a more manageable thousand or so. Wink  ]

I was struck throughout that joyous journey by how well the GRiSO performed.  

Not a single "pop."  More importantly, given my tendency to outride my common sense, was the smooth, linear roll-down of rpm when I panicked and stupidly "chopped" the throttle when over my head (and speed) in some interesting curves.  

As with a helo's cyclic, the overly sensitive on-off workings of the factory map can easily lead to a seriously destabilized machine and dismounts!  Shocked  Sad  

With Mark's map, I just rode on ... albeit a bit chastened. Rolling Eyes  

And, when riding more soberly (which I occasionally do), the ability to control the throttle makes me feel as if I actually know what I am doing.  cheers  

Best ... and thanks, Mark,

Bill

YMMV ... but likely won't.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:09 pm

I do appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Translation of the retired lawyer speak, it makes the bike much more ridable in all situations. It's just better. Do you have to have it? No. But it's a big bang for the buck mod.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank you all. It's bought now on my i-phone. Just have to figure out how to transfer it to the bike. I am SO low tech.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:04 pm

It's no good on your phone. Read all about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:29 am

Dilliw wrote:
Translation of the retired lawyer speak, it makes the bike much more ridable in all situations.  It's just better.  Do you have to have it? No.  But it's a big bang for the buck mod.

Hurtful, George; hurtful. Sad

OTOH, also correct. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Is there anybody in Nevada that might be able to help Rushjob remap his GRiSO?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:56 am

I'd be happy to, just flashed mine with a mere 27 miles on the odo... Very Happy

Also, never bricked a device in my entire life, though I suppose there's always a first! jocolor jocolor jocolor

I'm in Reno, can typically sacrifice a bit of time on most weekends. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Awesome! Cred for you!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you beetle! I'll contact him shortly as soon as I figure out how LOL. If he sees this before I do maybe you could give him my email.
The Code! There is one!!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:09 am

The Crank Position Sensor should be very reliable, its just a coil wound over the top of a small magnet the thing is if it goes open circuit you are dead in the water. I don't carry a spare but I know I should, I believe they are common for all the FI Guzzi, I recently went through the exercise of trying to find a substitute for a VII Sport, in spite of what you may hear they are impossible to find.
I have heard of them going open intermittently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They serve the same function on the 8V.

The sensor (50) tells relay (29) to turn On the power to Fuel Pump, Coils and Injectors so it's very easy to see the results of it not working.

Unlike some owners I can't tell what a relay is doing looking at it from the outside so I like to add a 1K resistor and LED to the output contact.
These don't have to be installed, just a couple of parts taped to the relay can will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crank position sensor   Crank position sensor Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Crank position sensor
Page 1 of 1