GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Empty
PostSubject: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Changed out the levers on my 2017 GRiSO with ASV ones and now bike won’t start in gear. It does start fine in neutral and if the bike is running, put into gear and then throwing down the kickstand, it does successfully shut off the engine.

Is a fuse blown? Or contact something at clutch lever ? Something dirty ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 pm

There's a switch on the clutch to let the ECU know if the clutch is pulled. I suspect the new levers don't have the little pin that activates it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Yep, that is indeed the case. Great intuition, talking to ASV now.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm

When I replaced my levers with aftermarket ones (on another model Guzzi), I was able to transfer that pin from the original levers to the new ones. Can't remember the details.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Yes, I'm sure ASV levers can utilise the stock pin. You will need a very small Allen key to remove the pin. Apply heat as well, as there's locking compound on the grub screw.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:00 pm

ASV saw my pictures and they are shipping me some parts. Good result

Is it bad to ride without that pin pressing? Or Just annoyance of no starting up in gear.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:30 pm

It's just a nuisance. Nothing bad will happen.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear   Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Changed levers, soon after won’t start in gear
Page 1 of 1