GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Who you is?

Go down 
+5
sidrat
wardentm
bahamazoo
Oz1200Guzzi
Street
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi to all at the GRiSO ghetto. I've been a member for what must be a year and have finally got around to introducing myself. My name is Simon and I live in West Yorkshire. I've been riding bikes for almost thirty years now and have owned and loved my GRiSO for the last seven. I wanted one for a while and five days after my daughter was born one turned up locally. Right price, colour, mileage, etc, so I had to buy it. Without doubt the most fun bike I have ever owned and the visual design is excellent. I never tire of looking at it. It's a keeper. I have tried to attach pictures.
The bike is a 2007 with 32k miles now and still looks good even though it lives outside, often uncovered.
I left my grown up job a couple of years ago to pursue custom painting, mostly a few helmets at present but have some how managed to gain work with a young guy who runs/owns an automotive body shop. His main interest is in restoration and custom work so I kind of fit right in. The GRiSO is just beginning to show some signs of its age so it is about to undergo an overhaul including new paint. I shall post pictures when it's done.
I undertake my own servicing where possible and recently balanced the throttle bodies and reset the tps using the guzzi diag software and methodology described in this forum. What a difference that made. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I think at a later date I would like to install the map beetle has developed for my bike. I'm just building up the courage.
A thanks must go to a guy called ?paul. A year or so ago the guzzi conked out, water in the fuel, and I was at the side of the road when this guy pulled up behind me in his car. He introduced himself and offered to help as he also owned a GRiSO. He told me about GRiSO ghetto and it was after that event that I joined. A great forum. Thanks to all.

Cheers for now, Simon
Back to top Go down

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hopefully here are a couple of pictures of my bike. I obviously got it wrong the first time

S
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Simon. Your pictures came through fine on your second post - nice looking GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Hopefully here are a couple of pictures of my bike. I obviously got it wrong the first time

S
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:36 pm

Wow! 3 Simons in the one day, all with the same bike.

Seriously, though, welcome Simon.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:13 am

Ditch pump cheers
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:05 am

G'day Simon
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
I too have a 'ditch pump' ...as Pat calls em
Have a look on site for the swing arm greasing job if you have not already done it ..
Enjoy and stay safe
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 am

Hello Simon and welcome, we have a GRiSO UK get together in June, PM me for details
Back to top Go down
Ranga
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Ranga

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:49 am

G'Day Simon,Welcome,I like black.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:23 pm

Welcome from Oregon!Welcome
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Wed May 08, 2019 3:00 am

Looks good Simon, I'm going to merge these posts for you.

Welcome, and enjoy that GRiSO!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1Wed May 08, 2019 5:23 am

Welcome Simon. I spent some of my youth in West Yorks. The bit they excised and became Cumbria. The weather is better in Australia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who you is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who you is?   Who you is? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Who you is?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: