GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test?? Empty
PostSubject: Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test??   Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test?? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:53 pm

I don't want to toast my ECU, so should I ground the spark plug wires or pull the ECU input to the coils? Killing time while waiting for my cables to come from Lonelec to complete my throttle body balance (current cables didn't work for guzzidiag).
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test??   Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test?? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm assuming you are intending to spin the motor on the starter for a few seconds for some reason with the plugs out? In which case ground the plugs or disconnect the coils. Take care removing the plug caps. They should be levered up off the plugs from underneath, not tugged at from the top.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test??   Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test?? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:02 am

Sorry, just revisiting this. Missed the fact it was for a compression test.

Very easy, disconnect coils, disconnect injectors. Hold throttle wide open. Hit the button.

With an 8V you should get 175-180psi with a warm motor.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test??   Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test?? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ground wires or neuter coils for compression test??
Page 1 of 1