GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels

Go down 
+11
Lazlokovacs
groundhog105
il Postino
whitmire
Leone
GHTE
MalG
bahamazoo
Richard
Bill Hagan
janguzzi
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:23 am

Nice!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- shock: Fournales
- side covers: Däs-Mototec
- silencer: Arrow etc.

This was posted on: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The owner writes:
- weight with gasoline: 229 kg
- 7 kg less spring mounted mass
- 5.4 kg less rotating mass

I am not sure if I translated this correctly, here is the German text:
Quote :
Meine GRiSO wiegt jetzt vollgetankt 229 kg. Hat ca. 7kg ungefederte Massen und 5,4 kg  rotierende Massen weniger.

Last edited by janguzzi on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 am

Must be those:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:36 am

All interesting ... tho those red valve-cover fasteners would gag a maggot. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, thanks for posting.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:05 pm

nice turn of phrase there Counsellor, as always!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

All interesting ... tho those red valve-cover fasteners would gag a maggot.  Rolling Eyes

Seriously, thanks for posting.

Bill

And he's going to scratch them next time he does the tappets, and the next time, and the one following. By then the cheese they are made from may have rounded out & he'll need new ones. But it only a detail the rest works OK.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:59 pm

Smart looking bike there. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Sat May 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Looks great! Love the PVM wheels, in fact, I see a set of the 5Y in my GRiSO's future... I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:16 am

Leone wrote:
Looks great! Love the PVM wheels, in fact, I see a set of the 5Y in my GRiSO's future... I love you I love you I love you

Agree 100%. Tired of waiting,in fact have just sent an inquiry off to Das Mototec. Maybe the lightening of my wallet will also improve handling & performance.Lipstick on a pig??? Who wants to ride an ugly pig??
Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:09 pm

I just finished installing these over this past weekend: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Took 16 months to arrive through Däs Mototec, however, Roland Däs explained that this was partly due to PVM moving to a new facility (and of course the standard Covid supply-chain "X" factor).

If you bite the bullet, hopefully yours arrive faster.

Last edited by il Postino on Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : $pelling!)

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:09 pm

il Postino wrote:
I just finished installing these over this past weekend. Took 16 months to arrive through Däs Mototec, however, Roland Däs explained that this was party due to PVM moving to a new facility (and of course the standard Covid supply-chain "X" factor).

If you bite the bullet, hopefully yours arrive faster.

How much for the set?
Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:25 pm

groundhog105 wrote:
How much for the set?

The PVM 6-spoke version like mine are presently listed for 2,295.00 EUR on the Däs Mototec website. At the present EUR to USD exchange rate, it equates to roughly 1:1.

groundhog105 likes this post

Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:45 am

il Postino wrote:
groundhog105 wrote:
How much for the set?

The PVM 6-spoke version like mine are presently listed for 2,295.00 EUR on the Däs Mototec website. At the present EUR to USD exchange rate, it equates to roughly 1:1.

I have not received a reply from Das Mototec yet but the price quoted on their website says VAT included,which is not applicable to USA purchases in my past experiences (past 12 months from the Netherlands),so price quoted should be less 19% which makes them a little more affordable. We shall see when I (hopefully) get a reply. No matter,I still want them.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:28 am

I'm tempted.... but that $$$ could go a long way in other areas, so currently thinking it over....
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:04 pm

That’s not bad for a set of PVM wheels
Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:42 am

Wheels no longer a problem. Das mototec emailed a reply today, says not available in foreseeable future.
Says they asked PVM,they said wheels no longer available. Das has now removed the listing from their website. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:46 pm

Major bummer!

I never ordered these wheels, but meant to at some point (not a big fan of the spokes, and liked the look and low weight of the PVMs).

Next time I'll recall Steve Winwood's advice and take the chance while I have it Crying or Very sad

cosmo likes this post

Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:21 am

Leone wrote:
Major bummer!

I never ordered these wheels, but meant to at some point (not a big fan of the spokes, and liked the look and low weight of the PVMs).

Next time I'll recall Steve Winwood's advice and take the chance while I have it Crying or Very sad

Yeah,well I don't know that would have helped in this situation so I have done the next best thing for me which is to order a rear wheel adapter from Radical Guzzi to use Ducati 998 type rear wheel (don't know how to link but found info on this forum somewhere) on December 9. They took my payment & few days later sent email asking for additional payment to cover increased shipping to USA, so at least they know that I exist but have not replied with expected shipping date. I am thinking the part is made to order, so I will be patiently waiting to hear back from them. It was not inexpensive but cheaper than I could have designed,engineered,produced myself. I don't have a good reason but just don't like the three spoke wheels. Hoping for good result,will let you know how this turns out.
Later.

Leone and groundhog105 like this post

Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:51 pm

Any idea who was the manufacturer of this one?:

Radical Guzzi (unfortunately just a small image):
Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:34 pm

janguzzi wrote:

Hello Janguzzi, Checked your officine08 link,looks like same part as radicalguzzi item to me although they have only the small photo as you say. The officine08 price included VAT(19%?) not applicable to USA,so makes pricing on Radicalguzzi item look a little more palatable.I assumed that Radicalguzzi was the producer but now you make me uneasy.At least they are not showing discontinued.I am still hoping for good result.
Later
Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:01 pm

whitmire wrote:
janguzzi wrote:

Hello Janguzzi, Checked your officine08 link,looks like same part as radicalguzzi item to me although they have only the small photo as you say. The officine08 price included VAT(19%?) not applicable to USA,so makes pricing on Radicalguzzi item look a little more palatable.I assumed that Radicalguzzi was the producer but now you make me uneasy.At least they are not showing discontinued.I am still hoping for good result.
Later

The part from officine08.com shows a steel spindle which bolts to the crownwheel with a disc adapter attached to the spindle. Looks like a good design to me but it is discontinued.
The part from Radicalguzzi arrived here today.It is most definitely not the same part. As you say there is only a small picture & if there had been a group of pictures as on officine08.com I most definitely would not have ordered it.This part is an aluminum disc adapter bolted to the crown wheel in the final drive with the original wheel bolts & a short flanged steel spindle bolted on top of the aluminum adapter with 4- 12mm x 25mm stainless flathead bolts,nice machine work,the 4 flathead bolts are the only thing holding the wheel on.Does not look like a good design to me. I emailed Stefan at Radicalguzzi to see about returning it & expressed my uneasiness with the spindle attachment,does not look like a good design to me. He tells me that they "use this on road with 164 horsepower 200nm tork. roadracing,dragracing,etc.Now you are telling me it is not safe?" "Not his problem". They must have one of those guzzitech todd motors with that kind of power. Another valuable life lesson.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:43 pm

whitmire wrote:
whitmire wrote:
janguzzi wrote:

Later

The part from officine08.com shows a steel spindle which bolts to the crownwheel with a disc adapter attached to the spindle. Looks like a good design to me but it is discontinued.
The part from Radicalguzzi arrived here today.It is most definitely not the same part. As you say there is only a small picture & if there had been a group of pictures as on officine08.com I most definitely would not have ordered it.This part is an aluminum disc adapter bolted to the crown wheel in the final drive with the original wheel bolts & a short flanged steel spindle bolted on top of the aluminum adapter with 4- 12mm x 25mm stainless flathead bolts,nice machine work,the 4 flathead bolts are the only thing holding the wheel on.Does not look like a good design to me. I emailed Stefan at Radicalguzzi to see about returning it & expressed my uneasiness with the spindle attachment,does not look like a good design to me. He tells me that they "use this on road with 164 horsepower 200nm tork. roadracing,dragracing,etc.Now you are telling me it is not safe?" "Not his problem". They must have one of those guzzitech todd motors with that kind of power. Another valuable life lesson.

The most important question for me would be - is it street legal? I guess not!
I would send it back. If you have not used it you can send everything back withing 14 days (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retoure) but maybe this is only valid within Germany.

The other one might be from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  ... but this is just guessing.
Back to top Go down
RedDevil
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RedDevil

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:44 am

Hello,
I am from Germany and have modified my GRiSO a little further. Since I found my GRiSO here by chance, I would also like to share the latest status. Please excuse my poor English - a translation program will help.
.. I gave my GRiSO more color.
.. the footrest plates dismantled and replaced with solo footrest holders
.. Wave Brake Rotors
.. Rear wheel power 108 HP (Big Bore from Radicalguzzi)*
.. Weight with full tank now 225.5 kg
.. -7,5 kg spring mounted mass
.. -5,9 rotation mass

I have owned many motorcycles but this one will probably accompany me until the end of my motorcycle life.

* drives very nicely, hardly any more vibrations than standard - nothing shakes, no tooth filling falls out, even at max rpm and or top speed (German highway)!

Last edited by RedDevil on Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RedDevil
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RedDevil

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:55 am

daviscr5 and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:33 pm

What size is it? Nice wheels!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels   GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO (Red Devil from Germany) with PVM Wheels
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next