GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Renthal bars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

New Renthal bars Empty
PostSubject: New Renthal bars   New Renthal bars Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Just bought a set of Renthal Street Naked bars and Biltwell grips, should fit over the weekend. Has anyone not refitted the bar end weights. I,m not a fan, particularly of the longer weights that hang way out from the bars. On the older stuff we all ran through the years there was hardly a weight in sight, although the mirrors could buzz a little. I might try the bars without the weight just to see of their value. I also looked for weights that sat inside the bars flush with the ends but alas no luck.
Any thoughts
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

New Renthal bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Renthal bars   New Renthal bars Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2019 12:46 pm

I installed the Renthal Fatbars on a 1200 Sport many moons ago. I was hoping to do away with the bar end weights too, but found them still necessary. I tried GRiSO 1100 weights (smaller and therefore lighter than the 1200 Sports) but in the end went back to the originals.

I'll be curious to see whether your experience is similar.
Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

New Renthal bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Renthal bars   New Renthal bars Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2019 11:53 am

kiwi dave wrote:
I installed the Renthal Fatbars on a 1200 Sport many moons ago.  I was hoping to do away with the bar end weights too, but found them still necessary.  I tried GRiSO 1100 weights (smaller and therefore lighter than the 1200 Sports) but in the end went back to the originals.

I'll be curious to see whether your experience is similar.

I have installed the Renthals and ran them around the block without the bar end weights and to be honest there is no real vibration increase. I,m no fan of the look of the weights so I,m planning to install some lead into the bar ends and fit the grips and have done with it. I will post my findings when done.
Cheers Bry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Renthal bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Renthal bars   New Renthal bars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Renthal bars
Page 1 of 1