GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

It's true. Roper was right

Go down 
+3
beetle
Leone
Rushjob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

It's true. Roper was right Empty
PostSubject: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 am

1st service just done @ 903 miles on my '17 GRiSO. It's been beetled for the oem exhaust (yeah I know but it's unique to m/cing & I like it) 2 weeks ago. Had the swing arm & shock (top & bottom) linkage inspected during this service. If I knew how to post a couple of pics from a text I would.
The bearings looked like Guido may have had some vaseline left on a finger after a night of debauchery at club Maximus Insertus and wiped it off on about 180 degrees of each bearing he's responsible for installing. Amazing.
Soooo, I'm beetled, Ropered & 1st serviced.
Anything else?
Am I ready for the 50-100 miles between towns here in Nevada?
Yeeehaaw, ready or not, here I go!!! 🤙😃👋🏍
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Quote :
Anything else?

Just the K&N filter... affraid

jocolor scratch geek clown
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Quote :

This surprises you?

Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 5:29 pm

No, but despite many bikes through many years I'm new to the GRiSO so, in this age of false prophets, scammers & liars it takes awhile to become a believer.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 5:55 pm

O ye, of little faith.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 6:14 pm

Yep!!!
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Oh, but not in what's important.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Rushjob wrote:
No, but despite many bikes through many years I'm new to the GRiSO so, in this age of false prophets, scammers &  liars it takes awhile to become a believer.

Which is only right and fair. I make no claims to being an oracle, or even correct all the time! But, I do have an awful lot of first hand experience and forty odd years as a tradesman. I've also got nothing to sell apart from my skills and won't attempt to sell you some piece of expensive and useless snake oil to make your bike produce thirty more horsepower.

That information is worth exactly what you paid for it! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Rushjob wrote:
Am I ready for the 50-100 miles between towns here in Nevada?
Yeeehaaw, ready or not, here I go!!! 🤙😃👋🏍

You had to go and say it.

I don't even think it -- because the Gremlins may be listening.

A couple of weeks ago I spent the night in Beatty Nevada at the motel 6 and was happy I could nurse my Guzzi back into town otherwise I would have been camping off the road in the sagebrush.

My '03 Lemans Regulator gave up the ghost.  So I sent my riding companion son the 400 miles back home to get the pickup and come back

Of course he was riding the GRiSO.

Next trip I'm riding the GRiSO and he's going to be on the Lemans.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm

I have spent the night in Beatty. Where there's a will there's a way. I am always alone. Been across 50 a few times on a bike & when doing it once in a car with my wife she found it hard to understand why someone would do it alone. I've seen solo bicyclists out there. THAT impresses me.
Back to top Go down
Tomalberta
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Tomalberta

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:28 am

The places you see cyclists.....I wouldn't travel out to these places without spare gas, water, food, SPOT locator, sat phone....you come over a small rise and there he is, a cyclist, skin like old leather, two small water bottles and an small energy bar in his lycra out fit-they're are truly nuts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's true. Roper was right   It's true. Roper was right Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1