GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 pm

Hello all,

Sadly, the fuel tank paint on my "new" '17 GRiSO is cracking to bits. I'm considering drying out, epoxy coating, and painting the tank myself, rather than deal with the morons who sold me the bike. affraid

I'm looking at the black 1100 scheme, and noticed there appear to be 4 decals--one on each side of the tail, the puffy "italian story" one on the tank, and according to the parts fiche, possibly one more at the very front of the tank.

For reference, I've found a new tank listed here (ebay uk link), but don't see the decal at the front.

Were these decals underneath the clear on this bike? (Aside from the "puffy" tank decal--I imagine that one at least would have to be stuck on over the paint...?)

Any info much appreciated sunny

Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2019 11:28 pm

I cant answer your question on the decals, I went out to look at them on mine and even with a magnifying glass it was hard to tell. Someone here will know and chime in. That's sucks thou since your bike is so new. Mines a 16 and I've had no tank swelling paint issues, but I run ethanol free fuel in it.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Fri May 31, 2019 6:07 am

Thanks! Yeah, fortunately we have ethanol free in the area now, so hopefully (along with the epoxy coating) the risk of future issues will be minimized. (That, and the stock evap setup allowed quite a bit of pressure to build in the tank at times... which obviously didn't help!) With 2 years factory warranty I could pester the dealer for a new tank, then again, I think black with a "maintainable" clear coat would be great! Just have to find a good paint guy I suppose.. Ooh La La
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:39 pm

I have a 2014 and I had tank swelling issues a year after I bought it new. Dealer told me MG wouldn’t replace the tank which was wrong information as many others have done it. I did end up buying a tank from a wrecked 2013 bike with the same paint scheme. I first lined it with Casswell tank epoxy.
I now live by the coast now and can get marine fuel -non ethanol. I’d see about getting a new tank and lining it. It took my other tank about 6 months to get where I felt it was back to normal size.
The decals and stripes on mine were under the clear coat but on top of the silver paint.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:58 am

On a 17, you're still under warranty...use it.
Those of us with the SE package except the Tenni, are prone to have the decal tape stripes on the tank bubbling and eventuallly split.
It happened on my 2013 and just now on my 17.
In both cases, I painted them on but not easy to do for the common owner since you pretty much need to be a pro for this. Need compressed air and paint gun plus taping skills to make it look right.

Maybe I'll make a thread about it because ALL of us with the SE bikes will run into that problem.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:44 am

Disappointing that your decals have already bubbled, though it's nice you have the skills to do it properly. I had also thought about having the original livery professionally painted, though I'd hate to sink the money into a finish that's non-correctable... I'd be scared to breathe around the thing! affraid I suppose you could do clear instead of matte (done properly would probably look fantastic, though obviously not original).

Well you're right, before getting too carried away, I'll visit the dealer. Hopefully an epoxy coating will extend the life of a new tank.

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:05 am

Hopefully, they'll be able to help you.
I must report I live in FL where it's sunny all year round but brutal this time of year until September, so those decals get abused more than average.
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:57 am

Leone wrote:
Hello all,
I'm looking at the black 1100 scheme, and noticed there appear to be 4 decals--one on each side of the tail, the puffy "italian story" one on the tank, and according to the parts fiche, possibly one more at the very front of the tank.

For reference, I've found a new tank listed here (ebay uk link), but don't see the decal at the front.

Were these decals underneath the clear on this bike? (Aside from the "puffy" tank decal--I imagine that one at least would have to be stuck on over the paint...?)

Any info much appreciated sunny

I looked at my black 1100. There are only three decals (#'s 1 (x2) & 3), as you described, plus the two Moto Guzzi emblems on the wings (#'s 2-3). The GRiSO name plate (# 9) goes on the dash mount; it is the one that looks like it might be at the very front of the tank on the illustration. Warning stickers 5 and 10 were on the tank but should have been removed.

I used a magnifying glass too, and could not tell whether the stickers are under the clear coat.

Moto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme   GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 1100 Paint Scheme
Page 1 of 1