GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

If this is a thing, I want this thing!

Go down 
+10
bahamazoo
Pete Roper
Pisano
tvboy
Merl3noir
Street
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
GuzziSteve
guzziownr
14 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

If this is a thing, I want this thing! Empty
PostSubject: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Send me your covers, I have a sawzall.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Don't watch it while riding - just saying...
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:35 pm

I can live with and ignor the mayo if I cannot see it, but with this window it would drive me nuts.
Looks cool but not for me.
Have a great day all
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 pm

That's a thing that makes me go "hmm".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:06 pm

I like the idea... but I'd want to keep my original valve covers, as I fear it would not be as interesting in real life as I imagine it to be. But love to see a video.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:19 pm

I think a small sight glass would be useful to confirm oil is splashing around but that big ol' window doesn't do it for me. It was done well however.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Sight glasses and windows are obsolete technologies dont you know.  We need to inspire ourselves with this....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:34 pm

Can't really see the point. There's not a lot to look at going on in there. People have done the same before, the famous one I can think of is the bevely Ducati with windows in. At least with that there were some beautiful gears an the desmodromic valve control mechanism to look at. On the 8V all you'd see I'd the rockers biffing the valves open. If you want to see that just run the bugger for a few seconds with the rocker cover off! It's a bit messy but you can see what's happening.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:43 pm

be easier to tell if its Rollerized though.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Nope! Can't see the cambox! tongue
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 pm

pale
well we'll just have to make a full perspex rocker cover then WTF?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 pm

I'd actually thought about seeing if I could get some 3D printed but my mate Martin, (Uber nerd. He's 3D printing a 'Life size', working, R2D2 Star Wars Robot! Rolling Eyes ) says that most of the thermoplastics that can be printed are not able to withstand the heat.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm

I love it! Reminiscent of the "Bevel Gazer" on my 1967 Ducati...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Now that's cool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:22 pm

I had this done to my Katana a few years back - really wished I'd never bothered - completely pointless !!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ulf
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ulf

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:41 am

Seen such things/windows on old Ducatis, where you would see the camshaft driven Desmo-wanker thing rotate. Why?
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

It would be like clear valve covers on your Ford. Good for about a second until the oil covers the whole thing and you can't see jack.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Reminds me of when Yamaha came out with the SR/XT/TT 500s way back when - had a window so you could "see" where top dead centre was. If you don't know how to start a big single by feel, you shouldn't have one.

Tried to teach my brother that sometime last century, on my BSA Victor GP (441 cc), with 11.7:1 CR. He totally ended up with a bung leg trying to start it for about 20 minutes, while I pissed myself laughing. Worse was when his father-in-law came up, eased it over TDC, reset the kick start lever, and gave it one kick and it started - he was pissed off for hours. His FIL used to ride a Triumph. My brother is mechanically inept - he struggles with the right end of the screwdriver to hold - don't let him near power tools...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If this is a thing, I want this thing!   If this is a thing, I want this thing! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

If this is a thing, I want this thing!
Page 1 of 1