GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Empty
PostSubject: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 am

I've almost completed the rollerization of my GRiSO and had a couple of questions:

1. Cam Cap Screws (2 per cylinder) - The manual calls these the Camshaft Support Fixing Screws and states they should be torqued to 13 ft. lbs. Pete's directions state 20 ft. lbs. On my bike the factory tightened these to the point where I was worried about rounding off the screw heads. What should I tighten these to?

2. Sprocket Retaining Screw (1 per cylinder)- The manual calls this the Plate Locking Screw and Timing Gear and states to use Loctite 243 on the threads. There was no mention of Loctite in Pete's instructions. Should threadlocker be used here?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Not sure what you mean in 1. as my manual has different names - a picture from parts explosion would help.... But for number 2 the official spec was to use loctite so I did

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Sorry. Dunno what you mean by the cam cap screws. Do you mean the ones that hold the breather plate on? They're only 5mm bolts you don't put anything close to 13 ft/lbs on 'em.

Loctite on the sprocket bolt.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm

BTW if you mean these two bolts

I torqued them the same (13 ft/lbs) as the same bolts fixing cam underneath and it's still running !

and in case it helps
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Standard for 8mm into alloy is 22 ft/lbs but is Guzzi specify 13 go with 13, and a dab of 243.
Back to top Go down
Juan1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Juan1

PostSubject: Re: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:18 pm

The two screws in the center of paulbrice's top-most post are my #1.

Thanks for the responses everyone! Next is a test ride, and then I plan to flash the Beetle map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question   Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rollerizing Torque Spec & Threadlocker question
Page 1 of 1