GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

hard start cold

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
Street
mikecanz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Just clocked 3000 km on my 2017 GRiSO. I had to bring it in for warranty repairs for the rear case seal leaking at 2800. When I got the bike back it did not want to start cold. After about the third try everything was pretty normal. So, I took the tank off today and saw an empty port on the three-way tee going to the throttle stepper. I plugged in the breather tube coming off the crankcase since it was the only thing that made sense to be there and everything seems to be okay as far as running goes.
It seems to choke a bit under the first throttle crack which I'm hoping to eliminate with beetle's map.

My question is:
That open port is supposed to be routed to the breather, right?

The shop did such a terrible job of reassembling the bike, all my tank bolts were loose. The breather tubes on my cylinder heads are now held in with zip ties. the did a valve adjustment and now the bike bogs under light acceleration from red light.

If anyone else from BC with a GRiSO ever ends up at international motorsports langley for service. Be worried.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Mike. The sages will be along shortly to help you get your bike sorted out. Congrats on getting a GRiSO, all will be well soon.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:49 pm

The stepper has two hoses that go one to each throttlebody and the central feed hose that loops up and around to a spigot on the airbox.

There is another hose in that area which is the gearbox breather, it simply vents to atmosphere and shouldn't be plugged on to anything.

Sounds like the shitgibbons screwed it up royally. Balance the TB's and recalibrate the TPS. As long as they haven't screwed about with the stop screw or linkage rod you should be OK.
Back to top Go down
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:44 am

I'll have to take pictures it seems. They routed the air box to spigot to the other airbox spigot. The front breather hose (just above the alt) was venting to atmosphere and puking oil all over the side of my bike. That's kinda what gave it away. I tried looking for a routing diagram or microfiche that would give me an idea but I haven't found a good one yet. Is there a way to recalibrate the tps without using guzzi diag?
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Take a look in the 1400ccm.project update thread, there You will see the exact hose routing.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:37 pm

mikecanz wrote:
I'll have to take pictures it seems. They routed the air box to spigot to the other airbox spigot. The front breather hose (just above the alt) was venting to atmosphere and puking oil all over the side of my bike. That's kinda what gave it away. I tried looking for a routing diagram or microfiche that would give me an idea but I haven't found a good one yet. Is there a way to recalibrate the tps without using guzzi diag?

Clowns! Mad

Resetting the TPS requires a software device. GuzziDiag or ScanM5x. Or PADS (official service software).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:15 pm

I wondered about International when they chopped the exhaust off a new V7 and called it custom.
They tried to sell it with just the headers then finally had to put Agostinis on it.
They offered to let me test ride it but of course it refused to start.
Back to top Go down
zathruss
Carlotto
Carlotto
zathruss

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:37 pm

If you are looking for service work done well on your GRiSO , try Dave or Darcy at cypress motorbike in Delta.Great work and Dave has all the cables for any down loads you may require.Good riding!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hard start cold  Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard start cold    hard start cold  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

hard start cold
Page 1 of 1