GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

East coast to West Coast

Go down 
+15
wyno
WCB
Steak
sideshowbob
NewApriliaGuy
Merl3noir
GHTE
Stromgriso
Street
PilotJet
Bill Hagan
MalG
Dave Swanson
Richard
b3177h
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

East coast to West Coast Empty
PostSubject: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:23 am

Lads- Just completed a Coast to Coast Trip on The GRiSO General Path was

Boston>Central PA>Deals Gap>Nashville>St Louis> Denver > Bozeman >Bosie >Seattle >Eugene> Reno/Yosemite > LA

~6100 Miles

Only thing that broke was the Crappy Chinese USB Charger- Guzzi Dealer in WA overfilled my oil- but I guess thats another problem

Damn Near 46k miles on the bike- Does anyone have me beat? No service but I'll upload some pictures.

For those that have never driven thru Idaho- Highly recommend that was one of my favorite states very underrated.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Thumbs Up king
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 pm

That's a good ride on a GRiSO! Good going! I have always wanted to ride in Idaho.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:11 am

Another decent ride. And that's one way?

We'll see what Richard (guz21) gets up to next month - Perth to the Ragged (and back) again, but he'll probably forget to count.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:33 am

Grand!

Got Pics?

Bill
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 am

I remember driving thru the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho some 25 years ago. Very Beautiful Country! Nice Trip ya took there! ... I was on a much bigger bike than the GRiSO at the time.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Shoulda let me know you were coming out this way, great group of Guzzisti here in the Seattle area. Next time.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 pm

That sounds like an amazing trip!  And yes, Idaho is beautiful- along Washington and Oregon!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Wow; what a great trip. Was it solo and how long did you take? Cant wait to see some pictures.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Only been on a bike up in the pan handle of Idaho. But I'm originally from Western Montana so been to most of Idaho. Definitely prefer the pan handle to the heart of the state around Boise.

Sure seems you took a round about way of getting there. Hope you took your time to see things, and giver your seat a rest.

Thants the kind of trip I love to do, but rarely have the time too.

Love to see a full trip report. Lots of great roads, and sights to see.
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 am

I'll put together a full trip report and get back to yall- and upload some pictures when I'm back on my home wifi

It was awesome I loved Idaho- and Yeah I did it one way- getting it shipped back from LA-
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Boston >Boulder
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Left Boston meet my buddy on his FZ07 in york PA- Made it down to the tail and did that - Got some chicken from Hattie B's in Nashville and then high tailed it across to Denver- *Might have cheated and trailered thru Kansas but we sure as shit didn't miss anyting

I left my bike in Boulder as my Boss lives there and was nice enough to let me keep it. My buddy ended up taking his Yamaha Back to PA from here- Since he has a real job. So the rest of this trip was solo- Just myself and the GRiSO

Boulder >Bosie

Left Boulder heading north thru Laramine. Got absolutely dumped on after passing thru laramine- I'm talking the worst rain I've ever seen, let alone been riding in! and to make matters worse! I had a 35+ mph crosswind directly perpendicular. Good news is Wyoming was so flat I could see sun about 10-15 miles in the distance. Dropped speed to 45mph and Hunkered down until I made it to the sun. From there I was dry in an hour.
Stayed in Riverton, WY- Went from there Thru Thermopolis (got my one and only Speeding ticket here) thru cody and hopped on the Beartooth Highway to the Northern Side of Yellowstone and on to Bozeman for the night.

Got a late start and Left Bozeman (Cool town) had lunch in Butte and headed to Salmon ID for a night of camping. Found a perfect little campsite right outside of town by the river. From there left in the morning and hiked up to goldbug hotsprings for my morning 'shower' Made it down thru the Sawtooth mountains had lunch at Stanley Baking company in Stanley ID- Cool Little Town. From there to Boise for the night

Boise > Eugene

Left Boise Headed North to have breakfast in McCall Id (great little town fantastic bakery named Stacey Cakes)
left there headed North and West to Kennewick WA- Passed thru some absolutely amazing mustard fields- beautiful things to see. Had 7 1 dollar Bahama Mammas at the Kennewick Applbees bar before the asked me to leave.

Left Kennewick to head to Seattle. Next day I had the bright Idea to Ride from Seattle > Cape Flattery and Back, Taking the ferry- Great views but hell of a long Day.
Left my bike at a dealer in Seattle and went back to work for a bit.

Flew Back to Seattle, Picked the bike up and shot down to Portland for the night- weird town. Left Portland to head to the OR coast town of Newport- Stopped and Saw the Spruce goose and other Historic Planes at an air museum- Super cool. Ended the night in Eugene and spent some time pulling ~300cc of oil out of my sump that the dealer managed to overfill- Hope that didn't fuck my engine !

Left Eugene to Head to Crater lake National Park and ended up camping in Crescent City CA- it rained ALL NIGHT.

Headed south to Eureka CA for Breakfast >Rode to Napa For dinner and Ended up at a Hotel outside of Folsom Prison for the night-

Leaving Folsom I had to stop at an auto parts store since my little cheap Chinese USB phone charger decided to die on me! Fixed that made it to South Lake Tahoe- Around the west side to reno then to a campground ~10 miles south or Lee Vining for the night. Campsite was at 8400 feet and the Temp gauge on the GRiSO read 39 F when I woke up- so It was a cold night. Made it thru Yosemite and decided to high tail it to Monetery for the night- Good thing I did as it was the begining of Car week and I saw some beauties.

Rode the Coast down to Pismo Beach to meet up with some college friends Ended up staying there the enxt day and rented ATV's to ride on the sand dunes- Probably the most fun I've had in a while. Made it down the coast to ride a few hills in Malibu- then back to Ventura for Dinner and dropped the bike off at Pro Italia to get picked up and shipped home!

I'll Post some pics now!

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Pictures!

Ok so My Iphone uploaded them all to google drive as 'live' photos and doesn't want to play nicely with hosting them on this site- So here is a few below I'll also link a google drive album below

Little Bit of Snow in Colorado-

Professional Pic on the Tail of the Dragon

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Google Drive album link-
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:05 pm

Dang Near the Exact Path I took

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
NewApriliaGuy
Carlotto
Carlotto
NewApriliaGuy

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:31 pm

What's all this talk about Idaho?

Move along, nothing to see here.

Bill Hagan and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Just tators, that's all.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Bravo logging all those miles on the GRiSO! You passed within 50 miles of my place. I'll second Street's comment that it would have been great to know you were coming! We might have even tipped you off to some "must travel" routes in the PNW.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:13 am

Steak- Next time- Sorry I didn't have a concrete plan other than dates of my trip- So I was kinda just winging it-

Would have been nice to know some roads and maybe change my own oil! But next time-
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 am

We did one of our country trips in 2012 (jeezus, has it been that long already?). We shipped the bikes to Seattle, and then returned home via Alaska, Banff, Icefields Parkway, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Bear Tooth Pass, etc, Colorado, The Dakota's, etc, etc. back to Salem, MA

My wife rode her 2011 Tenni GRiSO. We did about 8000 miles all in. Her GRiSO (now with 60,000 or so miles) was flawless.

Casa de Steak

Hyder, AK

Between Hyder and Icefield Parkway

The Teton's

Icefield Parkway

Badlands

Never let anyone tell you, you can't tour on a GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:51 am

60K on the GRiSO?!? Dang I was hoping I'd be leading the pack with ~47K on it.

And you're not too far from my neck of the woods- Let's go for a ride once New England thaws out.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 am

b3177h wrote:
60K on the GRiSO?!? Dang I was hoping I'd be leading the pack with ~47K on it.

And you're not too far from my neck of the woods- Let's go for a ride once New England thaws out.

She splits her riding between the GRiSO and her Stornello Scrambler and 79 V1000 Cafe. The bike has been an absolute rock. Flawless (after the roller conversion).

My Stelvio has about 100,000 on it now, and it also has been flawless.

Definitely. Lets hook up for a ride. There's some great riding in Western MA. Have you met any of the New England Guzzi gang? Great bunch.
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:04 am

I haven't meet anyone- always looking for new folks to ride with! haven't made it out to western Mass- Normally take the bike up to NH
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:38 am

I'll let you know when the gang does a breakfast ride. The usual spot is the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret, CT. right near the CT/MA border. Gorgeous riding all around there too. That place if you haven't been is a bike mecca. Generally, Saturdays are European bikes, Sundays, Harleys. Some really interesting gear rolls in there. Some amazing antiques and customs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East coast to West Coast   East coast to West Coast Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

East coast to West Coast
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next