GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
V11
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
V11

GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot   GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:51 am

Hi All,
Just back from the Ragged Fringe and several new developments have appeared since the GRiSO's faultless trip down to Adelaide and back earlier in the year. Number one is the bike is now intermittently dying, (losing spark, fuel blockage, whatever?) when you are on a constant throttle usually in the higher gears. It also happened a couple of times when I went to overtake, twisted the throttle for a bit of oomph and then, lost revs. If you change down, then give it a handful after it happens then it goes away for a bit. Interestingly, between Singleton and Gresford, it didn't happen at all, when earlier between Rylstone and Singleton it was a PIA. It returned again from Dungog to Gloucester. Any clues would be appreciated.
Also, how do you know when the UJ is on the way out? I noted on the way home in down shifts in lower gears when coming off the throttle, there is a distinct click feeling in the right footpeg.
Other than that I blew a fork seal and the RHS rocker cover gasket is leaking.
ta
Darrell (V11)
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot   GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 am

It sounds like what I was experiencing on my GRiSO 1100.
I did several things to remedy it at the same time so I am not certain which was the primary cause.

I removed the tank and pulled out the fuel pump/filter assembly.
I wire brushed the filter assembly with a brass bristle brush. There was a lot of crud and corrosion on the assembly.
I replaced the fuel filter and the hoses with SAE 30R10 submersible hose and fuel injection clamps.
I cleaned the pick up screen which was quite clogged.
I flushed out the tank several times til it was absolutely clean.
I cleaned out the two tank drain lines.
I removed the canister.
I put rubber caps on the intake manifold nipples.
I also replaced all the fuel injection hoses with SAE 30R9 hose and FI clamps. I did not want to use the OEM plastic molded on hose.

The bike has been running great since.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot   GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:50 pm

Side stand switch?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot   GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Do you have any codes in diagnostics? Maybe just bad fuel. Find out which, fuel, fire, air. Till then you're pissin in the wind.

Usually u joint vibrates if it's going out like your boots won't stay on pegs.
Back to top Go down
V11
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
V11

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot   GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 am

No diagnostic codes at all. I did all the fuel filter, injectors and plug caps last year. That leaves the side stand switch. Hope its that simple Smile
Ta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot   GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO dies on constant throttle and a UJ question to boot
Page 1 of 1