GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

CARC fill in ounces

Go down 
+9
sideshowbob
bahamazoo
Pete Roper
Griso Von
Grisonut
Oz1200Guzzi
Papa Lazarou
eeyore
Griso Tom
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

CARC fill in ounces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:48 pm

eeyore wrote:
The quality is only a guide.
Stand the bike upright on level ground and fill the carc unit until the oil is at the bottom of the threaded fill hole.
Under filling is not ideal and over fill could result in oil escaping from the breather cap.
Factory manual recommends an 80/90 GL4. Gut instinct would usually point towards a GL5 grade for a bevel drive.
In the UK we are able to get 80/90 GL4/5. This obviously covers all possibilities.

That reminds me of a question I had. When I last changed my oil I did exactly that. After filling to the bottom of the threads, I was looking up torque specs, and setting up the wrench when suddenly, oil started over flowing out the fill port. It eventually stopped but I wondered how on earth I got more oil in and then it took a minute or so to equalize out?
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 pm

That would do it. It's a viscosity & friction thing (technical term).

And of course Brits have their own version of almost everything. The bottom right corner of their island realm is just filled with people who prefer their beer warm. What else could be expected.

Was down in Mexico at the Spag recently and was again reminded that senses of humour don't seem to travel well across borders - any borders. And it was also once more noted that Mexicans generally seem to have a built-in reluctance to cross the Murray. Can't figure that one out either.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:12 pm

I say piss auff, you bloody wankers!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CARC fill in ounces   CARC fill in ounces - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

CARC fill in ounces
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2