GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Climate change

Go down 
+6
antmanbee
LBC Tenni
rick pope
kubbie
Richard
Il Griso
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 am

Hi GRiSO guys,

after a great summer in Austria (could also be named climate change) and 3 weeks of continuous bike tours in the alps (13.000 km), I have time to be back to the ghetto, as winter is in front of the door in Austria

I wanna share some impressions of a GRiSO ride in South Tyrol on the Stelvio pass.
With 48 bends certainly one of the most demanding passes in the world.

Today I will deposit the number plate at the insurance broker until mid-March. Difficult time to bridge until March.
Helps only to ski and watch the bike videos with a good beer.

You guys in the south are better at this time  Very Happy[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:24 am

One day for sure I'll do the Stelvio pass and some others in the Alps.  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Yeah, we got climate change here too.
Yesterday it was effin hot! Today it's just, hot.
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:04 pm

This whole parking your bikes for months on end is just bizarre to me,  Ah, gotta love Florida. Yesterday in the high 80's (F) 70's tonight. And possible 50's by Sunday. Winter here is a 3 day cold snap them back to shorts weather.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:00 am

kubbie wrote:
This whole parking your bikes for months on end is just bizarre to me,  Ah, gotta love Florida. Yesterday in the high 80's (F) 70's tonight. And possible 50's by Sunday. Winter here is a 3 day cold snap them back to shorts weather.

In exchange, you get to ride boring roads and be fodder for blue hairs in Buicks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:21 am

HEY!!!! We have 3 maybe 4 roads that kick ass. Do gotta dodge a lot of blue hairs to get to them. But thats part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:05 am

Nice ride and pics Ralf!
Then there’s California. Beautiful weather and incredible mountain roads that go on forever. But the state taxes us to death, you have the annual canyon firestorms, and they say the mother of all earthquakes will soon flatten everything to rubble. Nah, just keep riding. cheers
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:02 am

kubbie wrote:
HEY!!!! We have 3 maybe 4 roads that kick ass. Do gotta dodge a lot of blue hairs to get to them. But thats part of the fun.

Just checked the map, and you're 20 miles north of Mom and step dad. So, I'll add to watch out for gray Toyota mini-vans. Razz
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:00 pm

kubbie wrote:

I live in central Florida and I have not discovered any kick ass roads. Maybe a few curves here and there, but kick ass? Where are they?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 pm

In GA!!
Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:55 pm

I’d be watching a few refresher videos over the off season on lane positioning for corner entry and exit.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:47 pm

antmanbee wrote:
kubbie wrote:

I live in central Florida and I have not discovered any kick ass roads. Maybe a few curves here and there, but kick ass? Where are they?

He probably means around Montverde, the Sugar Loaf and a few twisties around the Ocala Forest.
Once you've done those a few times, it's not as thrilling but the weather down here, makes it enjoyable. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi guys,

cold day today, around +5C.
Winter is ante portas (in front of the door).
The number plates of all 3 bikes are back to the insurance company.

If you want kick ass roads for biking, I recommend you strongly to travel to Austria next summer.
A lot of pass routes, one more challenging then the other.

Example:
Timmelsjoch Hochalpenstrasse from Ötztal/Austria to Passeir/Italy.

Pictures during summer time:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

End if you need more kick go for a bike ride during winter (pics from winter 2019):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ralf
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:58 am

Grisonut wrote:

He probably means around Montverde, the Sugar Loaf and a few twisties around the Ocala Forest.
Once you've done those a few times, it's not as thrilling but the weather down here, makes it enjoyable. Thumbs Up

Learned to drive and ride on those roads. Sugarloaf is almost visible from my front door.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 am

Ralf, great pictures of a fabulous part of Europe, we passed through Austria in early June on our way to Slovenia and Croatia and on our way back from northern Italy, great views and roads.

You are lucky to live in an area that has so much of Europe on your doorstep, I have been lucky enough to have travelled through your area and loved it.

Thinking of Romania next time study
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:23 am

Hi Guzzi Cat,

yes, I enjoy it to live in the centre of the alps.
It takes only a few minutes from my house in Imst/Tyrol to go to the most famous pass routes in Tyrol, Suiss and Italy. I spend always my holidays there with biking over 3 weeks.

Hot-spot for next summer are the dolomites in Italy. There are never ending routs for biking with my GRiSO in a unlikely enchanting environment of the dolomites.

Your planning for the naxt vacation in Romania is a very good choice. But take care, most roads there are not on a mid-Europe level, meaning you should think about using a enduro bike!

By the way, 3 years ago I spent ths holidays with my family in Ireland - unfortunately by car and not by bike! We made a tour from Dublin to the S-W cost of Ireland, ending in the National Park of Killarney for one week. And - nearly unbelievable - no rain for the whole week! An indescribably beautiful area with fantastic bike routes - but I have seen nearly no bikers there. Compleately different compared th the alps with thousends of German GS riders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Climate change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Climate change   Climate change Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Climate change
Page 1 of 1