GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

fuel tank screws removal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

fuel tank screws removal Empty
PostSubject: fuel tank screws removal   fuel tank screws removal Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:31 pm

I've got most of the parts in hand to rollerize my new 09 GRiSO, but hit a snag already removing the fuel tank, even before I get to the not too quick release. The two rear screws fasten into a rubber bushing of some sort, but after turning more than a quarter turn's worth of elasticity, they're not breaking loose. I don't remember this being a problem on my last GRiSO. Is there a risk of breaking something, particularly the fuel tank, if I torque them further till they just break loose?
Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank screws removal   fuel tank screws removal Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:58 pm

They will either break loose or tear. If they tear you then have to get the threaded bit out of the frame and then buy new ones.
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank screws removal   fuel tank screws removal Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Thanks Pete. With a little more force the screws and rubbers came out together from the frame. It wasn't too hard to separate them from the tank after that. Fuel tank is now off via the injectors and next step is deflate the tensioner.
Doug
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank screws removal   fuel tank screws removal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:21 am

Glad you got them out. When I have bolts stuck, I put a socket over the bolt head, or in this case an allen socket and whack it carefully with a hammer to break the threads loose. Helps 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank screws removal   fuel tank screws removal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks Bulldog. As much as. I like judicious hammer application, these were screwed into a sort of rubber sleeve bushing so they move with the elastic. The hammer just bounces back in your face .Doug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel tank screws removal   fuel tank screws removal Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

fuel tank screws removal
Page 1 of 1