GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Electric gremlin: HELP!

Go down 
+7
Oz1200Guzzi
moto
2highlander
GR1064
beetle
Richard
Lemppari
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

Electric gremlin: HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:41 am

I just recharged the battery of my 2010 GRiSO 1200 8V overnight. This morning I went to start the beast and start it did. Except for warning lights, tacho and speedo, which stayed dead. Except for a spanner and a text L D04 HZ. Parking lights are on, the horn works but nothing else.

Owners manual tells me to take the bike to an authorized Guzzishop. As I have some 400 k's there, I'd rather ask you guys if there is something I can do myself. Oh, and I have the Guzzidiag at my disposal but lacking know-how (no-how Shocked )

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:59 am

a or b fuse ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 am

A good one but no, fuses were the first to be checked. AND, there's the code in big letters and the service prompt in the LCD. I reckon the unit is still connected but there is some sort of malfunction.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Are you saying the engine starts? If so, it can really only be dash failure of some sort.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GR1064
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GR1064

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Looks like Beetle is on the right track.

see this link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brian
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

Thanks Brian, that was just what I feared! Ok, now I just need to source a replacement....
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Before this, I would check connections and open it. In some cases, moisture was inside and destroyed some internal connections. I would not replace it before having had a glimpse inside, maybe the gremlin could be seen immediately.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 pm

OK, the initial problem solved as a brand new dash fished from eBay arrived this week. Here's another one: How do I feed the mileage ridden to the brand new unit?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:10 am

Can't be done.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 am

The mileage is encrypted to hinder fraudulent resetting. I remember reading about the location of the static memory that holds it, which is a module soldered onto the dash's PCB. Transplanting that would be difficult if not impossible.
Moto
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:42 pm

As Moto says, it is doable, but a right royal pain in the arse (PITA) to do it. Just subtract/add the difference to get the real number. Chances are you will be the owner for a long, long time yet.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Then I'll settle with that. Here's yet another: Switching on, there's a red warning triangle on right top side and a screaming big service notice on the led screen. What the heck is that? I can't access the diagnose screen, it requires a separate service code...mmm,I hate electronics.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:08 pm

The service code is 12425.

Enter it then check for ECU and Dashboard errors.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:18 am

Only error found is Dashboard 01, both active and in memory. Not knowing what that means, I didn't reset it yet. ECU was thankfully clean.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:08 am

Immobiliser/Dashboard is not recognising the key. Most likely the antenna.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 am

So that's why it keeps asking for the code. Does this happen every time when a new dashboard is installed?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:45 pm

No. I don't think the dashboard is relevant. It was a 'New' dashboard? Not a second hand one off another bike?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:59 pm

If it’s new, just need to enter your user code in the settings. Question

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm

If I'm reading this right when he turns the dash on he's getting the 'Triangle of Death' and the SERVICE warning and then the dash asks him for his code. If that is the case it's standard practice if

A.) the antenna has gone west.

Or

B.) if the dash is second hand it won't recognise the key.

Now if it is B and he can access the menu which it seems he can as he's managed to see the dashboard error code and he has two keys he can use the 'Code Recovery' function to insert a new user code so the dash will then recognise those keys.

If it's just the message saying 'Don't forget to insert your user code' which appears at the bottom of the dash when the ignition is turned on that is because it's a new dashboard and therefore needs a code. In that case he needs to go into the menu and use the 'Change the code' function to insert his user code of choice.

I'm still not exactly sure of either the provenance of the dash, (Is it 'New' new? Or simply a second hand unit picked up off fleabay?) or exactly what is occurring when the ignition is turned on? Is it currently possible to start the bike?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:44 pm

Ah yes. D’oh!

Embarassed

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:53 pm

The dash is spanking new 0 km and screwholes without traces of ever having had a screw in them. When The key is turned on the unit asks for a code and I give it the 00000, the dash goes through the pre-start procedure, rev meter needle goes through the meter face, all warning lights on etc. Then I get the service warning and the upper corner triangle. That will go off shortly and the engine starts normally, blinkers work, the dash menu works. Everything seems to work with the exception of the dash asking for a code every time I switch it on. I tried to change the code once but I better do it again, this time with the manual in hand.....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 am

The 00000 is the default code from the factory. Put in something else. I use the first five numerals of my birth date as I'm unlikely to forget them.

If you are still then getting the #1 dashboard code it is almost certainly the antenna being dodgy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:25 pm

So did entering a different code fix it?
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:54 am

Going to try that tomorrow, I'm fresh back from fetching my wife from south of Finland, a round Trip of 1000 km's in our sardine can.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:26 am

Fresh out of the garage, changing the code didn't help. Code recovery function maintained being unattainable??? Where is the above mentioned antenna, then.? I hate electronics...Carbs, points ignition and analog dashboard any day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Electric gremlin: HELP!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next