GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

2009 SE owners manual

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

2009 SE owners manual Empty
PostSubject: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 am

Anyone got an owners manual for a 2009 8v SE that they would sell or scan
My bike was imported from Japan so although I have the manual it's in Japanese
I've already downloaded and printed the workshop manual but it doesn't cover some of the basic functions outlined in the owners manual
             Thanks  Evans
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:47 am

Owners manuals for download in the GRiSO Ex Libris sub forum.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Evans wrote:
Anyone got an owners manual for a 2009 8v SE that they would sell or scan
My bike was imported from Japan so although I have the manual it's in Japanese
I've already downloaded and printed the workshop manual but it doesn't cover some of the basic functions outlined in the owners manual
             Thanks  Evans

Be aware that Japanese market GRiSO 1200's have a couple of peculiarities. The major one to be aware of is that they have 'Extra' catalytic converters in the header pipes and a different, awful in a different way, map to 'suit', (I use the term advisedly!). Mark Salkeld, a member here, had a Japanese market header, with cat-con, on his Oz market GRiSO and it ran really poorly! From memory I managed to get a new, 'Correct' one under warranty after a bit of argy-bargy with the importer!

Also as a 2009 the first necessity will be to rollerise it before it gets any more kms on it. As for the headers I'd guess you could pull out the catalysers before remapping it but I'm not certain how easy it would be. I've got several second hand sets without cats though if you need them.

Pete

PS. When you say 'Manual' do you mean the owner's handbook or an actual technical manual? If you just want the handbook you're welcome to mine.

PPS. Is this the bike pictured in your other thread? If so it's not an SE. The main thing that differentiates the SE's is wire wheels.
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:49 am

Thanks for the responses. I've printed off the owners manual from the site thanks. That should cover everything I need along with the service manual that I'd already printed.
I'm very glad that I took the opportunity to ride 650 klm back when I picked up the bike. I won't be turning a wheel until I fit the kit C roller conversion, balanced the inlet manifolds, mapped the ECU
etc.
When I checked the paperwork this morning is a 2008 model. She has obviously been kept garaged and is in great condition.
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:51 am

Will this work for balancing the inlets ?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:29 pm

Yes it will but dial gauges tend not to be the most accurate. The Morgan Carbtune is a decent tool and inexpensive. You'll also need to download Guzzidiag and purchase the required cables as the TPS needs to be recalibrated as part of the balancing process.

A word of advice with regard to rollerisation. Rather than buying a 'C' kit considerable savings can be achieved by simply purchasing a 'B' kit and adding the additional parts needed to turn it into a 'C' kit. The 'C' kit contains all three thicknesses of head gasket which means that you pay for four, quite expensive, gaskets that you are unlikely to use. The vast majority of engines use the middle, 0.85mm gaskets. I'd suggest buying two of these and in the unlikely event of you finding that you do need one of the other thicknesses just ask me and I can send you a pair in exchange, I have dozens of the other two sizes left over from warranty 'C' kits I did when I was still a service agent.

I think I've already posted a list of the parts required somewhere in the technical section.

Another thing to be aware of with '08-'09 models is that some of them develop a leak from the rear main bearing flange. Now this is often mistaken for a leaky rear main seal but it isn't. If your bike does develop it, not all of them do but it's not uncommon, ask me and I'll explain how to go about fixing it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Being at the ends of the earth here (next stop Antartica!) It will probablt be cheaper to buy the components from overseas. Can anyone suggest suppliers and costs ?
Thanks Evans
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:22 pm

I can order the parts for you and get them shipped direct to you if you like? PM me your email and I can flick you an itemised invoice. It won't cost you any more than ordering direct, I make my cut from the trade discount I receive.

No obligation obviously but it'll save you a lot of farting about.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Can anyone tell me what this led is for. There's no picture of it in the Japanese owners manual or the English one I downloaded. It's an orange led that is on while the bike is running
Thanks for all the help and advice I'm getting a plan of action to get the bike how I want her Evans
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Is it for some sort of aftermarket widget like a sensor fooler or the like? I've never seen such a thing.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Maybe it's a charge light, I'd follow the wires.
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Bling   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:06 am

The start of the customising of my GRiSO. I picked up the paint yesterday so will have new livery before too long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 SE owners manual   2009 SE owners manual Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

2009 SE owners manual
Page 1 of 1