GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Question on mounting HB bag mounts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

Question on mounting HB bag mounts Empty
PostSubject: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:27 pm

I am in the process of mounting HB hard bag mounts and the instructions have me relocating the rear turn signals. I have seen a couple of bikes here specifically Marks orange GRiSO with the mounts on and am wondering if those that mounted these racks have just replaced the rear turn signals with small signals that didn’t interfere with the mounts or if you did relocate the stock signals to the position given in the instructions. If you relocated the turn signals did you splice in wire to extend the signals. The stock wiring is too short. Advise is appreciated

Bob
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:30 pm

You'll probably find the smaller signals are LEDs that do not draw enough current for the flasher unit to perform properly. The easiest way is to wire a resistor in parallel with each LED.

I found that a 10 ohm 5 watt resistor worked out fine. I only replaced my front flashers, the rear ones are still stock.
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Thanks Dave. Do you have the HB racks on the back? I have some small blinkers that would work in the stock location but I will have to check to see if they are LED
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:29 pm

I have H&B C-bows, and with adapters allow me to mount Givi E21 or E41 panniers. Also have H&B bags that fit the C-bows (currently 28 liter leather Nevada bags and 22 liter Orbit bags designed for the V85).
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Wow. Plenty of options. I thought about going with the C bows with an adapter but with the way the back of the HB bags protrude out I didn’t think they would work.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Bob,

I have the H&B racks of which you speak. I kept the original indicators so I guess I must have lengthened the wires, but honestly, I don't remember doing it. Covered wires with heat-shrink as well.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Thank you Pete. I’m sure you must have lengthened them. No way they would reach otherwise
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Obviously a matter of taste, but I don't like the look of these H&B brackets when the bags aren't attached. The H&B C-bows are far less intrusive. And if they still offend, then only 2 bolts each side to undo.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:07 pm

I can't see them when I'm riding.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:47 pm

C-Bows I think work well, just the available bags are too small - must carry less, must carry less, must...
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:37 pm

I have Givi 41 litre bags mounted on H&B adapters which is plenty for most people (probably for couples -I've never used them myself).

I'm planning on using C-Bow 28 litre Nevada Bags on a 4 day journey next weekend.  Coupled with a topbox, should be plenty.
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 pm

I would be interested in seeing the c bow adapters on those givi bags and what they look like mounted. Yes the HB mounts are unsightly but three bolts and off they come.
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:15 pm

I got the aftermarket turn signals mounted and they plugged right into the stock wiring. Thanks for the advice. Yea the HB mounts are not as good looking as the c bow but the hard bags are waterproof and larger and there is only three mounting points to remove to the c bow two. I was going to post pictures but couldn’t figure out how.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 pm

Easy peasy:

Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:49 am

Hey. Thanks for the help. Your right,it was easy
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Sooo, is that your Yammie GTS? Another member here has on, in northern Illinios.
Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Carlotto
Carlotto
groundhog105

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Yes it is my GTS. I bought a new one in 1993 and owned it until 2001. I bought a very low mileage 1994 in 2000 and sold it a couple years later. This one belonged to a longtime friend that willed it to me when he died in October last year. They are really good sport touring bikes but are a 640 lb bike full of fluids. This one has 75,000 miles on it but looks almost new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on mounting HB bag mounts   Question on mounting HB bag mounts Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Question on mounting HB bag mounts
Page 1 of 1