GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Empty
PostSubject: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Hey guys,

I have a 2007 GRiSO 1100. I just purchased the cables and Beetle map for it. I was just wondering if the B map disables lambda? What would be the benefit of disabling the lambda? Thanks,

Craig
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Yes. The O2 sensor, Lambda Probe, allows the ECU to "manage" fueling in the lower band range, mostly in an effort to manage emissions. By disabling the O2 sensor, the entire fueling map can be modified for optimal performance and/or fuel economy.

I'm sure that the FIG will be along soon enough to elaborate...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Re: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks Steak!

Craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm

What Steve said.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:35 pm

I often go out with another GRiSO friend. I have a 2017 1200SE with Agostini HF plus Beetle map. My friend has stock everything same 2017 bike. I literally smoke him starting from a standstill -- not even close! On the freeway the speed is about the same, even if I never really pushed it over 120... I remember a clear 'hole' around 4500/5000 RPM with stock exhaust and mapping that is now gone, and for sure much more linear power delivery . Now not sure if the much more open exhaust helps as well Smile

Cheers,
Giuseppe
Back to top Go down
Ulf
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ulf

PostSubject: Re: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:38 am

Morning, "what a difference a map made", to make travesty to the song.... i did the remap and was out yesterday for a thorough run on my 1100. i have the mistral high-side exhaust on mine and the combo of that the mighty beetle map makes s huge difference. It is now linear, much more responsive, no hiccups or lean surges/holes. i run it now with the db-killer out, and man does it sound sweet, if a tad loud. But that kinda fits the black paint. I know the red ones are faster but still.. Cheers & stay safe where ever you are!

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?   Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Does the Beetle map disable the oxygen sensor?
Page 1 of 1