GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Coil Connections (not GRiSO)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Coil Connections (not GRiSO) Empty
PostSubject: Coil Connections (not GRiSO)   Coil Connections (not GRiSO) Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 am

Does anyone know which of the two spade connections on these generic 4 ohm coils is Low Tension positive ? The coil does wide range of Guzzis, but I'm fitting on a V50 & they aren't marked, just one has more black covering & the other has different shape spade...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thnx Paul
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Coil Connections (not GRiSO)   Coil Connections (not GRiSO) Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:18 am

Paul, the -ve (ground) should have the lowest resistance to the mounts - look for something approaching < 0.5 Ohms. The positive will be a bit higher (by only a few Ohms). The EHT lead is pretty obvious and it should have a high resistance (several K ohms) to the -ve.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Coil Connections (not GRiSO)   Coil Connections (not GRiSO) Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:10 am

Thanks Tony, I'll get testing with the handful of different meters I have (inherited from my Dad who was electrical/electronics engineer....I'm chemical engineer Wink )
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Coil Connections (not GRiSO)   Coil Connections (not GRiSO) Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:01 am

Just in case anyone needs same info.....Resistance across the spades measured 4 Ohms (like wot it said on the box Very Happy ); Thick spade with black overlap measured 15 ohm to earth & Shaped spade w/out black overlay measured 19 ohm to earth (quelle surprise)....so Thick spade with black overlap must be negative side....whew & Thanks again Tony !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coil Connections (not GRiSO)   Coil Connections (not GRiSO) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Coil Connections (not GRiSO)
Page 1 of 1