GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Foot peg stop ring / circlip size

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Empty
PostSubject: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2020 10:44 pm

G'day all,

So I decided to try a pair of lowered pegs (1 inch) to see how they felt. Not convinced so far as the right foot does not feel right with the standard brake lever (I keep missing it). Any how after a short ride (much more comfortable) but decided to revert to original pegs for the moment. Having had trouble removing the stop ring on the original change (my pliers are too big for the tiny holes) I managed to brake one of the stop rings on my second attempt. My question is are the stop rings just normal (10mm? I think) circlips?
Could I ask what tool others utilise to remove them those dam holes are tiny? i am thinking I will grind my pliers to a sharper/smaller head. And also 10mm external clip is the best measurement I can do is this what I should look for to replace. The GRiSO parts catalogue does not have a size only part number.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2020 11:14 pm

I have tiny circlip pliers for them. Not sure on the size but it will be either 8 or 10 and they're nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2020 2:06 am

Cheers Pete, I knew I was going to stuff it before I did. But being pig headed I kept on going. Love the lowered pegs but think i will need the toe extenders as well. Gear is fine but brake just keeps catching air
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2020 2:29 am

I've got Knight design toe pegs in stock if you need them. They aren't cheap!
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2020 2:59 am

Might give you a call to chat about them. The position is definitely an improvement but not sure about ground clearance. It looks a fair bit closer to the ground when leant over. Only ridden in suburban streets so far and ok, will have to look see in the open road
You use them don't you Pete? Do they get in the way much?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2020 3:13 am

Nah, I bought myself a kit but never installed them. Essentially with Spaceclam's lowered pegs I find I've adapted to the stock levers so I can't really offer any advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foot peg stop ring / circlip size   Foot peg stop ring / circlip size Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Foot peg stop ring / circlip size
Page 1 of 1