GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LED Headlight - reasonably priced?

Go down 
+7
Chris W
guzziownr
paulbrice
kiwi dave
lcjohnny
ecs
MalG
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Empty
PostSubject: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Trolling the interweb, I found these (googled LED Jeep headlight) - look like Beetle's effort, but at $189.99 & ADR compliant, although not stock till late June.

Hopefully this link works -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 am

Those look good and can't beat the price.  Wrong side of the road for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    Interesting seeing the JW Speaker, Trucklite and Morimoto against the chinese knockoffs.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:09 am

JW speaker looks good but is way pricey -
has anyone got a good report of any of the cheaper options?

I bought a £35 JW speaker lookalike one from Amazon which was VERY SH1T indeed - not usable

But no makers name on light or box.

I would love a makers name and model for a good one ?
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:48 pm

ecs wrote:
 Wrong side of the road for me.

I found the one that Beetle recommended was vertical dipping, with no bias for any side of the ride you ride on.

Mounting the unit was the hardest part.  Ended up not using the existing headlight shell.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Guessing you've read this ...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which covers some options. Can't say LEDperf is outstanding & it is hard to fit so probably no better than cheaper stuff...my conclusion is that any company that invests the cost of proper developing a beam that lights a dark road will probably be a premium price...rest is just cosmetic crap that doesn't really have technical performance in dark
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:05 pm

Paul was that this headlight ? LED Perf GRiSO headlight

The price is ok - but you did not seem too impressed with the performance?
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:24 pm

This interested me: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:05 am

The Revival one looks pretty - i really want to see a beam pattern though Sad.

It is a pity that the dip is only half the power of main. When i change to dip beam to avoid blinding the driver coming the other way - i dont want to have to slam the brakes on. I want the light re-directed not reduced.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:06 am

LEDperf is better than stock with 'extra bright bulb'; it's good for having angel eye and general use; but i don't feel it's especially good for fast lanes on dark nights......and it's a bastard to fit.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:54 am

I have been spoiled by the lights on my old Ducati Monster and KTM 390
They were both fugly as hell but really good lights on dip and main
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:11 am

stumbled on these online - no clue about fitment or functionality.At $130.00, they seem like a cost effective option if they fit...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:54 am

and imho they are pretty
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:38 am

I think replacement LED performance is all a crapshoot unless you go for top end like JW Speaker or find a 'true' review....most offerings are rebrands of the same chinese stuff (I'm sure LEDperf is exactly that) but with different ratings & claims...below is an old review but seems only way to really know is buy one & use a meter/experience.

7 inch lamp review

janguzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:29 pm

I fitted the Stedi carbon black unit. It looks good and performs much better than the original.

It is fully compliant E9 and DOT and is a right hand drive unit suitable for Australia, New Zealand and England.
I bonded it into the original headlight rim with Sika 291 flexible adhesive. I also cut out the raised portion on the back of the headlight shell to allow cooling as the back of the headlight has cooling fins.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
evev
Carlotto
Carlotto
evev

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:13 am

Hi mate. Was watching these for quite a while but couldn't find anywhere if they have threaded holes on the sides for securing with original bolts?
Guessing you had to Sikaflex it, they don't.., otherwise why would you bother with shell..
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:18 am

paulbrice wrote:
I think replacement LED performance is all a crapshoot unless you go for top end like JW Speaker or find a 'true' review....most offerings are rebrands of the same chinese stuff (I'm sure LEDperf is exactly that) but with different ratings & claims...below is an old review but seems only way to really know is buy one & use a meter/experience.

7 inch lamp review

Yes but... the OEM is so bad that it's easy to outperform.

I have the cheap drop in H4 that only lights half the reflector and it is a major improvement.
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:31 am

The Stedi carbon black unit is good enough for normal riding conditions. If I was to look for better lighting I'd be going for auxiliary led lights.

It suits the GRiSO which was a criteria when I was looking for an upgrade.
The clips supplied with the Stedi unit wouldn't work with the original rim which is why I used Sikafex black 291. It works well giving a secure, weatherproof, flexible bond.

The JW speaker units for left side of the road drive countries are hard to find.
I find their policy of refusing warranty on their new products bought through ebay offensive.
The cost through their suppliers is absurdly expensive. More than four times the price of the Stedi unit.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:55 am

The Grote one seems to be the same like this:

And I think it is the same as this one:
=> E-marked!
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED Headlight - reasonably priced?   LED Headlight - reasonably priced? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LED Headlight - reasonably priced?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: