GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stock seat - how comfortable?

Go down 
+31
MrGPz
Davetti
PunkScout
EricS
nblades
Papa Lazarou
Pete Roper
Seafrontpete
WAKEY
The Saint
Street
Tod.
garyclem
Tolle09
mick.jones
rboe
wardest
Grisodude
Ad B
TalkingGriso
LBC Tenni
DungeonMaster
Andy in NZ
MrBob
cytocycle
Grisonut
beetle
Enzo the baker
pjm
Steak
skytzo
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:48 am

Airhawk if I'm on it for a long trip. 2hours a time is ok, by then I need coffee, GRiSO needs fuel,
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Put the stock seat on the GRiSO for the Grotto run this am. Oiy, what a POS. But then I'm 6' with a 36" inseam and a skinny bum. Seat has the wrong curve and wants to slide me into the tank and I need to push my bum back.

Seats are pretty subjective so consider yourself lucky if your bum is easy to please.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:16 pm

damn rboe. I have a 36" inseam too but I top out at 6'4"

The reviews of the Corbin sound like they are right up my alley. Especially the riding positions. That was very good to know.

DM
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Totally subjective topic of course, but I'm perfectly comfortable with the stocker. I keep my passenger pegs down all the time and can hook my heels on them occasionally for a different "sit" and that works great for me. Besides, I have to stop for gas and a piss every couple of hours anyway. Have done many 600+ mile days with the stock seat, rear peg option and regular stops.

Last edited by Street on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:43 pm

DM, a bike accident shortened up my back by two inches so I'm more of a freak of nature than before. Smile

I'm amazed by the number of folks that like the GRiSO seat. Not surprised though. Luckily, there are tons of choices out there for folks not so fortunate and need to tweak seat. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:08 am

GRiSO seat is more comfortable than my reclining sofa.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:18 pm

The GRiSO isn't designed for you tall bastards!! Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing
It's Italian made remember? Laughing

I guess the perfect rider size would be 5.8/ 5.9"...
My only bitchin' is that a small fuck like myself, isn't flat footed.
It would be nice to be planted down in parking lots etc... can't have it all.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Short guy have Harley's....... Razz
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 pm

rboe wrote:
Short  guy have Harley's....... Razz

Not the ones that can ride.Smile
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm

The ones that can ride can take off the training wheels....... Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm

(tongue is firmly planted in the cheek Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:03 pm

You guys are mean! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 am

Same here Pascal. Vertically challenged. .... But dynamite comes in small packages.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Tod. wrote:
Same here Pascal. Vertically challenged. .... But dynamite comes in small packages.

Ha!! I fucking thought so! Very Happy

I got to ride a friend ZX10 a while back and a 675 Daytona at Bike Week...
I couldn't wait to get off those bikes I was so uncomfortable.
The Triumph was a nite mare after 20 minutes, not only with the sore ass but my forearms/triceps weren't happy.
So tall bastards might be well, too tall Very Happy but some bikes just have some messed up ergos no matter what.
Like already mentioned, comfort is rather subjective...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 pm

SHORT GUYS RULE!  cheers

Finally, I've been waiting all my life for this. Actually, I've always known it to be true. I have one friend who's a full foot taller than me at 6'-7" and man, does he suffer. Can't find a comfortable car to drive, has to pay extra to upgrade every flight, and generally doesn't fit anywhere. I've always been a shrimp - I think the GRiSO was made just for me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2015 3:43 pm

HI i think, why we are not getting numb bum on the GRiSO is the high foot pegs, they keep the backs of your higher legs of the seat therefore not cutting off circulation.ill be keeping the original seat i love the look and the feel, i can't believe i don't have to do any mods to this bike to be happy just things to personalize it, and that's the part we all love isn't it.

WAKEY.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Seafrontpete
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Seafrontpete

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:32 am

Hey all, just done a 7 hour ride and the stock seat was a bit painful by the end of the day - -I would like to try a Corbin Gun Fighter but its over $180 for delivery to Oz ffs

Last edited by Seafrontpete on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:20 am

I'm heading to the US again for a couple of months next year and already have a Corbin and CalSci screen for my Stelvio waiting at Bill's to bring back. I can probably bring back a couple more such items as accompanied baggage cheaper than getting it shipped.

My quote for my items was absurd! $6-700 plus! Even if it took us over our baggage allowance it will be cheaper than shipping for others I'm sure. Obviously early days but if people want to think about it we may be able to help, within reason.....

Pete
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:29 am

Stock seat starts out comfy for me then becomes a bit of a pain after 2 hours or so.

I had a Sargeant on the Thunderbird so will probably upgrade or get a gel insert. I do have a bean bag seat for long distances. Not as good as an Airhawk but does help a bit.
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:45 am

No complaints about the stock seat. On longer rides I use Moto-Skiveez underwear, and that helps. Longest day I've had on the GRiSO was 675km through the twisties in the mountains, and I can't complain. The most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden was a Aprillia RSV4R. My nuts were knumb in 30 min. and I could wait to get back on my GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:31 pm

I find the stock seat fine for an hour or so. I use a Corbin and find it far more comfortable for my bony arse. It's dished our more then the stock hump and takes more pressure off my bony bits. For really long rides I use an Airhawk. Only complaint about the Corbin is it's wider with more pronounced edges that some complain about when feet are put down. I don't find it a bother though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:50 pm

I love my Corbin. I recall on a ride back from some Cabal up North, after about two hours I was following Ralf and Pete and they were both standing on their pegs frequently to give there arses a rest from their stock seats.

I’ve done a few 10 hour rides and it was only the last hour or so that my arse started to ache. The rest of me was aching as well, so I can’t blame the Corbin for that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:35 pm

skytzo wrote:
to a weapon of ASS destruction.

You've owned a KLR650 as well, I see? Very Happy

No seriously - the KLR650 has a seat that can only be described as "angry"

I like my GRiSO seat pretty well. It's ballpark as good as the Corbin my K75 has - not quite as comfy as the stock seat from my Street Triple (for some reason Striples are crazy comfy). Solid 8 out of 10? Room for improvement but fundamentally good.
Back to top Go down
Davetti
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Davetti

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 am

I have been a Corbin guys for three decades, but can't find any reason to purchase a Corbin for the GRiSO.  The GRiSO seat is super comfortable for me.  From an aesthetic perspective, I do wish it was made with a rich leather vs. the OEM material, but I can't see the seat when I'm riding so she'll stay as is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Davetti wrote:
but I can't see the seat when I'm riding so she'll stay as is.

Sounds like you need a monocle for your brown eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stock seat - how comfortable?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next