GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

MRA Vario Universal Screen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

MRA Vario Universal Screen Empty
PostSubject: MRA Vario Universal Screen   MRA Vario Universal Screen Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

OK, I'll preface this by explaining I do have a bit of an obsession (fetish?) with screens, :-), and have spent far too much money over the years on a multitude of same on different bikes.

Anyway as we just got nice warm weather here, I removed the latest experiment from the GRiSO, a MRA Universal Vario screen. The GRiSO has now returned to the much more pretty Dart flyscreen for the summer months, now just need that damned COVID to vanish!

So, a report on the MRA screen. I had it in place over the winter and early spring so rode a fair bit with it.

• Like all large screens it does nothing for the looks of the bike.
  • Fitting is relatively easy and the two handlebar mounting clamps fit either side of the bikes main handlebar clamp.
  • Fitting is sturdy/secure and a bonus is if you have a Dart flyscreen you can leave its headlight mounting brackets in place and the MRA just clears them.
  • You can also leave the MRA handlebar clamps in place when you remove it, so literally a 5 min job to switch back from MRA to Dart and vice versa
  • The screen comes in 2 parts, the upper half sliding into low medium and high positions locked in place with thumbscrews
  • In the highest position it is pretty effective, little buffeting and possible to ride with helmet visor up at high speeds
  • The split screen approach definitely eliminates pressure differences and reduces buffeting
  • Buffeting and noise increases in medium and low positions, I could not detect much difference between either and used it in high position mostly.
  • I am 5'8"
  • Very effective in cold/wet weather keeping cold air and wind blast off chest and helmet and would eliminate bugs on visor in summer
  • Might be interesting if you are plannng any long trips

Some photos here

PS: I still have the Puig Retro screen from the RnineT (1st photo) and might be tempted to try shoehorning that on to the GRiSO at some stage as another experiment
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: MRA Vario Universal Screen   MRA Vario Universal Screen Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm

I'm kinda liking the screen on the B'mer.

Keep us advised if you get a good fit on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: MRA Vario Universal Screen   MRA Vario Universal Screen Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I agree, that might be worth a go. Try it in Photoshop first, that's what I did with the Yamaha Stryker before I bit the bullet and installed it for real. It's my favorite solution so far. Looks good in orange on Beetle's ride too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: MRA Vario Universal Screen   MRA Vario Universal Screen Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 am

OK, I see the fairing thread now, I'll post a pic there.

I like the look of the Stryker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MRA Vario Universal Screen   MRA Vario Universal Screen Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

MRA Vario Universal Screen
Page 1 of 1